• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

Hiho,

Well..some first attempt to paint over the russian_snowcamo texture to get something like that three color camo overcoat...:

soldier1.jpg

soldier2.jpg

Yes, i know..the gloves are still white ;).

All in all i think its not so bad for a first attempt; in my eyes the camo pattern is wayyyy to big, though. Maybe too bright as well.

Tell me what u guys think :)

greetz,
gitano

Upvote 0
Radnomized uniforms

Radnomized uniforms

In WWII not every soldier had exactly the same uniform. I think this should be applied in-game. For example, the german troops in the russian front would tie random bits of cloth they could find around their nose and mouth to make breathing in the cold easier. You may refer to some of the german troop models in CoD2 to demonstrate this. This would be a great stride toward realism in my eyes. Some of the germans in CoD2 even had white coats and goggles on. I'm not actually sure how accurate that part is, seeing as I remember Hitler refusing to send his troops in Russia winter gear, but if it was indeed accurate then by all means implement that too. Really I would love to see different models in troops, some without any headgear beyond a helmet like they are currently. Some germans may spawn with a face cloth on. Some with goggles. Some with a combonation of both. I would really like to see randomized uniforms happen, the face gear being only one example of many options.

Upvote 0
Gruppenfuhrer headgear

Gruppenfuhrer headgear

It's something I'd noticed a while back, but was too lazy to make a thread on the matter. Basically, the Gruppenfuhrer wears the M43 cap on all maps. Since there are 1941 and 42 maps, this particular cap should not be in circulation (arguably it could be used on Kaukasus since it more or less is the Gebirgsmutze).

Therefore I propose either the addition of the M38 Feldmutze or NCO Schirmmutze for the Gruppenfuhrer on pre-1943 maps.

Since it doesn't affect gameplay and is more of an art thing it is not as though it requires immediate implementation, but it would be something to have for the future when varied uniforms start to appear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:
It's something I'd noticed a while back, but was too lazy to make a thread on the matter. Basically, the Gruppenfuhrer wears the M43 cap on all maps. Since there are 1941 and 42 maps, this particular cap should not be in circulation (arguably it could be used on Kaukasus since it more or less is the Gebirgsmutze).

Therefore I propose either the addition of the M40 Feldmutze or NCO Schirmmutze for the Gruppenfuhrer on pre-1943 maps.

Since it doesn't affect gameplay and is more of an art thing it is not as though it requires immediate implementation, but it would be something to have for the future when varied uniforms start to appear.

The M40 was primarily given to the Afrika Korp from what I know. However the officers should get the M38 Overseas cap, and maybe the M42 cap which si like the M43 but without the visor. The Gebirgsjager really need their uniforms fixed.

Upvote 0
EvilHobo said:

Therefore I propose either the addition of the M38 Feldmutze or NCO Schirmmutze for the Gruppenfuhrer on pre-1943 maps.

Thank you for notice, although I'm well aware of the issue with the head gear.

If one wanted to be more realistic, none of the noncoms in-game would be wearing soft caps on the frontline during active combat situations. Rather, they would be distinguished by their silver tresse on the collar and shoulder boards while wearing the generic army steel helmet.

However, since we do have field caps to distinguish the NCO further while in-game, early war maps would feature the Heer M38 overseas cap followed by the mid-war and hugely popular M43 type.

Upvote 0