• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Two primary weapons in HOS.

Realistically speaking carrying two weapons (presuming other one has a sling) is more than possible, but the question is how convenient it is.

Carrying a Mauser on your back while using PPSh with more or less field gear involved is not exactly the most comfortable, and unless you looted some bag or pouch from the enemy (which would also take more time than one would expect) you would be unable to carry any major ammunition for it.

If it were a rifle, you might be able to store few clips in your pockets but it still wouldn't be exactly most comfortable way of moving around, so basically I would be with Zetsumei that you could temporarily pick up a secondary weapon but once you switch weapons you'll drop it.

Upvote 0
I think the main argument is to retain the billets (class system)
Thats what makes RO so awesome. A player is dedicated to playing a certain role and supporting the team with a rifle or MG.

I know about soldiers who adopted PPSHs as their primaries for CQB in Stalingrad....Im OK with the idea that you start off with 1 primary, has to be a German weapon, and then capture a Russian weapon and retain your German primary.

Upvote 0
reply to OP.

Howabout yes and no. yes you can pick up a second weapon from a dead guy if you want to take the time to pick it up and sling it over your back, no you cannot ever SPAWN with two main weapons.

that and or what zeitsumi said, that works even better, if your gun is empty just grab one off the guy next to you whose head just sploded and fire it till its empty ... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally think you shouldn't be able to have two, but if at all, the second weapon doesnt get activated until you drop your primary or you run out of ammo. I remember a custom map in OST where you had a PTRD and a PPS-43 but you didnt get to use the PPS until you dropped the PTRD and you couldnt carry both once you dropped one. I found it useful, as when I wasted all my rounds on multiple panzer IIIs and ran out of ammo, I simply dropped the PTRD and pulled out my PPS and started killing people in CQ.

But otherwise a big, fat, mcdonald's addicted NO!

Last edited:
Upvote 0