• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, the current state of HOE

anthracy

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
90f28895e3.jpg

Let's talk about whitelists

I'll say it again: TWI should sell a Fully-Leveled Shortcut. They'd make money, we'd see less BS leveling maps & under-leveled exp sponging... the world could move on, maybe some would even learn to play afterwards.

Whitelist is good too but it only works when everything is 1st non-ranked until tested & added to the Whitelist- that takes time & money. Hell I am of the opinion that ca. 50% the Community levels shouldn't make the cut though...

Upvote 0
To be honest, I used that map to level up two perks to level 10. I took a rather long break from KF2 and now I do not have that much time to play games at all, so I didn't want to grind the few needed hours before getting to the good stuff. Anyway, why are you so worried about people playing the game the way they want? If someone wants to cheese stuff in a PvE game, let him do it. He bought the game just as you and I did and if he enjoys spending time on perk leveling or bad custom maps it's his bleeding right to do so.

Upvote 0
Alright well having so many filters set makes it rather easy to make it look worse than it is.

I just checked and I get 250 servers and only about 20% of it is perk training maps, the rest are all various stock and custom maps and a few RPG servers. So I'm not sure what showing 12 filtered perk training servers is supposed to mean.

Upvote 0
Not surprised and no new news.

A lot of people are kinda fed up with leveling certain perks, especially ones that are a pain the the *** to do so *cough* DEMO *cough*.

This on top of that fact that most perks slow to a crawl when leveling past 15 leads people to this. I'm not going to leveling maps, I'm just not playing at this point, i got a lot of perks to 16-17 and just said **** it, i don't want to put the time or the effort in for a perk i might not even enjoy, my friends are off doing other things in other games, I'm not bothering till the next major upday. Plus realizing after leveling a perk to 25 that your going to have to do the same **** 9 more times if you want to use all of them makes a lot of people say **** it.

I'm not surprised, infact, good on them, they can enjoy the game sooner instead of having to go though 10 levels of bull**** 10 times in order to have the perks at their full capacity.

As for selling levels, **** that noise. All that means is people with money are the only ones that can do exactly what everyone else complains about. Then that brings a whole new set of discussions such as pay to win and pay for advantage. At that point you will probably just have most of the community quit because leveling maps my be bull**** but having a way to pay your way to level 25 is advanced bull****.

Upvote 0
Alright well having so many filters set makes it rather easy to make it look worse than it is.

I just checked and I get 250 servers and only about 20% of it is perk training maps, the rest are all various stock and custom maps and a few RPG servers. So I'm not sure what showing 12 filtered perk training servers is supposed to mean.

' so many filters '

No full (uh, can't join)
No empty ( want a team)
No passwords ( how would I guess lol)

Literally can't find hoe games that aren't perk leveling

Upvote 0
I'll say it again: TWI should sell a Fully-Leveled Shortcut. They'd make money, we'd see less BS leveling maps & under-leveled exp sponging... the world could move on, maybe some would even learn to play afterwards.

Whitelist is good too but it only works when everything is 1st non-ranked until tested & added to the Whitelist- that takes time & money. Hell I am of the opinion that ca. 50% the Community levels shouldn't make the cut though...

No, no, no, no, GOD please no. If Tripwire starts selling leveling shortcuts, I will quit this game in a heartbeat and encourage all my friends to do the same. That nonsense is reserved for crappy mobile games. Keep it out of Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
To be honest, I used that map to level up two perks to level 10. I took a rather long break from KF2 and now I do not have that much time to play games at all, so I didn't want to grind the few needed hours before getting to the good stuff. Anyway, why are you so worried about people playing the game the way they want? If someone wants to cheese stuff in a PvE game, let him do it. He bought the game just as you and I did and if he enjoys spending time on perk leveling or bad custom maps it's his bleeding right to do so.

Because the people who use levels maps don't actually learn how to play the game. In HoE where you expect your entire team to pull their weight that's bad because they ruin your game if they arn't up to par.

Upvote 0
' so many filters '

No full (uh, can't join)
No empty ( want a team)
No passwords ( how would I guess lol)

Literally can't find hoe games that aren't perk leveling
Ok your 12 servers vs my 221 and more than half of populated ones are non-passworded stock maps with players. I just took this screenshot two minutes ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of all:

sn0VuBP.jpg

yeah, "only" perk leveling... sure (the list goes on and only the last 20-30% max. have a leveling map.).

Secondly excluding full servers is stupid to make a point, because (hypothetically) there could be tons of servers playing the normal maps, that are just full and therefore showing that hoe is not that bad.
If I exclude the "not full" filter I end up with more than double of the shown amount of servers and most of them have normal maps.

Lastly if you feel like that bad about the amount of hoe servers with normal maps, than don't just cry on the forum and instead host one yourself, be a good example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killing Floor 2 is such a simple and basic game that it doesn't take more than maybe 10 hours at the most to know everything there is to know about every single perk in the game. It's completely senseless to spend 30 hours to level 1 perk when the game is this dull and unbalanced.

After max level you can practice your skills all you want with all the utility and powers available to you to experiment with.

If you are bored sitting at max level, clearly Killing Floor 2 isn't for you.

Upvote 0
Let them screw up their gaming experience if they want to. They all lose interest when HoE hands them their *** and everyone is raging at them for having all the intellect of a portion of bullcrap and chips.

A whitelist is too much effort to maintain and isn't worth the time investment. Course I suppose on the other side of the coin, while I do not like the direction the game is going, I still want to see it do well... so I dunno.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really? I had a good time leveling Demo (well, post level 15 anyway)
Medic seemed the most boring thing to level, in my opinion.

Because your dedicated to having to constantly hold your shots which results in far, far less less xp vs something like commando, firebug and even medic who can just spray down everything they come across.

Also the extra xp per killed FP is a joke. It's like getting extra xp per unicorn you see. Atleast with most other perks i can actually fire at a group of zeds without having to worry about having ammo for the next big thing that shows up.

Upvote 0
Because your dedicated to having to constantly hold your shots which results in far, far less less xp vs something like commando, firebug and even medic who can just spray down everything they come across.

Also the extra xp per killed FP is a joke. It's like getting extra xp per unicorn you see. Atleast with most other perks i can actually fire at a group of zeds without having to worry about having ammo for the next big thing that shows up.

Still not a hundreth as bad as KF1 demo leveling when it had the whitelist.

Upvote 0
Killing Floor 2 is such a simple and basic game that it doesn't take more than maybe 10 hours at the most to know everything there is to know about every single perk in the game. It's completely senseless to spend 30 hours to level 1 perk when the game is this dull and unbalanced.

After max level you can practice your skills all you want with all the utility and powers available to you to experiment with.

If you are bored sitting at max level, clearly Killing Floor 2 isn't for you.

I'd disagree heavily. There are a lot of subtitles to damage especially with the scaling per player that result in hundreds of thousands of damage per zed per weapon per level per player permutations. Good luck getting a feel for which levels can hunting shotgun a siren to the face depending on the player count per difficulty in 10 hours.

Upvote 0