• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire publishing Killing Floor in North American retail

I would always rather have Steam for the same price. No discs is a plus. I freakin' hate installing by disc. I'd love to have all my games on steam, it's so useful and easy. Never worrying about patches or anything, it's great.

When I bought Red Orchestra in the store, it was still on Steam (same with Half Life 2). It was installable from the discs, but you had a Steam activation key. You get the best of both worlds that way.

I would imagine that Killing Floor would be the same way.

Upvote 0
well, for me RO was my first game to use steam......it was nice to buy it in a store and install with discs, then have steam just set up for me. once your account registers the games you own, you'll always have them unless you lose your account! :eek:

my RO discs actually don't even work anymore for some reason.....i tried to use them to install RO on my new laptop almost a year ago and they were messed up. all i had to do was install steam on the laptop, login, and it would let me install all the games i owned which was awesome.

Upvote 0
The independent publishing thing really surprises me. Is it basically just contacting a bunch of retail stores directly, asking them to carry your game, or something like that?
Either way, it's nice to skip out on a publisher like EA or Ubisoft. Not that I'd consider it "selling out", but remaining as independent as possible is always a plus.

Upvote 0