• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire and Popsmoke

Personally, I would like to see this mod released as an official patch, but as the free mod it currently is intended to be.

Yep, it would be nice to get an "official release" (news on steam and etc.) and be integrated on steam like DH and MN but with this new stupid Steam Greenlight I think it will not happen.

A free DLC download would be better. That way we don't get people complaining about being forced to download more content again. Basically, make it opt-in.

This would be nice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NO NO NO if they do the same as with RS and hijack the menu and give us new music based on IC:V in my game!!

Oh no, new music and a different background in the home menu, cancel the game! Cancel it now, before anyone gets hurt!!!

... I mean, are you serious? We're talking about an awesome new add-on, new weapons, new maps, new everything... and you're talking about a wallpaper and some music that you only see the first 5 seconds after starting the game??? Some people... :confused:

Upvote 0
Look the negative nancys and the "hey lets bring up a unrelated topic in here again" guys are already here...:rolleyes:

InCountry, i hope, will be made and fun to play. If made official even better. The more content the better. Making a total conversion mod is hard time consuming work. I tip my hat to everyone embarking on such an adventure.

I found myself playing alot more HOS lately and abandoned RS completely for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see a Vitenam theme but only as a mod, not like RS. I hope TWI will keep their hands off the mod as I believe RS could be much better without the input of TWI. Sure it would not look as polished but my guess is that we only see the progression and unlock system in RS plus other features like spawn on SL because TWI forced it on the RS team.

This is a guess from my side judging from what I have seen here on the forums by the RS team. It always seemed like they wanted to make it more hardcore and authentic but the broken RO2 mechanics were forced upon them.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt mind trying it, although I am not really drawn to the Vietnam war scene, but NO NO NO if they do the same as with RS and hijack the menu and give us new music based on IC:V in my game!!

I don't see why this is such a big deal for so many people...

Why isn't the updates for HoS looking promising? Where can I find this info?

I was just saying that because we've been being promised new vehicles for years and nothing new on that front to this date. Tripwire isn't exactly known for sticking to deadlines. I'm sure we'll get something eventually, but it may not be what we were hoping for and it definitely won't be on a timely basis.

Since you die so fast in RO2, I think field priest class would be better :)

LOL true enough, I'm interested to see if the medic is actually useful.

And to all the people saying they would like it as a separate mod:
Do you want it to be released on steam similar to Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum, as an official but non-mandatory patch to the main game, or as a traditional mod that you download off of some website?

Upvote 0
Do you want it to be released on steam similar to Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum, as an official but non-mandatory patch to the main game, or as a traditional mod that you download off of some website?

I'm sure the team will work with TWI and it will be an official yet optional download off Steam similar to DH and MN.

Upvote 0

In a similar way to DH and MN. Making it available to download off of a website would be too obscure, we need to put some news on steam. I hope TWI promotes it right when it comes out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it is not forced onto HoS/RS as a patch or DLC no one will play it. Think custom maps for HoS: no one wanted to play them until the map contest made a bunch of new official maps.

This is what I fear. Every time I go onto Druzhina people are goi on about Tripwire's amazing "new" map. It seems like none of them have actually played it before it was officially released in the map pack. I think only people from this forum are actually involved in the modding community and we are a tiny minority.

DH says hello ;)

lol yes, but that was back in the good old days of modding when downloading mods was the norm. Nowadays not so much.

Plus, I've been on recently and about 80-90% of the people online are from the 29th infantry division clan and they're planning on moving to Arma:Invasion '44, so sadly it seems Darkest Hour will soon be dead while RO:Ostfront will live on through the abundant Russian servers.

Upvote 0
You can't compare a custom map like you can with a full mod because they can't be advertised as well (trailer, announcements, websites).

I'm not too worried about how much exposure IC:V will receive. If they do anything like they did with DH, they can put a note like in this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1200/ , announcement on the Steam group, sticky on the Steam discussions, and it'll get people playing. People will talk about it in game, and not to mention that a lot of people in the community already know about the mod.

Upvote 0
I think IC:V is centered around a war that is a little too different from what the RO games have always been about. RS, despite revolving around a completely different theater, is still part of WW2. Personally, I think this applies to Grabenkrieg as well; which is why I'd prefer both mods to be separate from the RO2/RS experience.

However, if Tripwire decides to adopt the mod, I hope they don't delay the OFFICIAL HoS content that this game desperately needs.

Upvote 0