• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire and Popsmoke

Why are people so butthurt? I'm asking questions because I want to know your opinions. I don't want to pay for it, I'm just interested to know if people would do it in exchange for the promise of a more polished game (which may or may not happen). No need to get all defensive ;)

1) (To me) it comes off as begging and pleading.
2) They said it would be free
3) As others said: 10-15

Upvote 0
1) (To me) it comes off as begging and pleading.
2) They said it would be free
3) As others said: 10-15€ for three games?

lmao do you think I work for Tripwire or something? I want it free and integrated into the RO2 launcher as an optional download. I want to hear what YOU people want, I repeat, I am looking for what THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE FORUM THINK.

I do NOT want to pay, in my opinion that would be an odd move, I want to hear other people's reasoning for things they may or may not want.

But yup you've caught me, I'm begging to be able to pay for this. If I don't have to spend my hard earned money on this I don't know what I'll do with it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lmao do you think I work for Tripwire or something? I want it free and integrated into the RO2 launcher as an optional download. I want to hear what YOU people want, I repeat, I am looking for what THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE FORUM THINK.

I do NOT want to pay, in my opinion that would be an odd move, I want to hear other people's reasoning for things they may or may not want.

But yup you've caught me, I'm begging to be able to pay for this. If I don't have to spend my hard earned money on this I don't know what I'll do with it :rolleyes:

There are still a few people who still harbor the "TWI murdered my first born child" attitude. Don't mind them too much .

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind paying for it, if it was really good.

I only spent $30 on HoS + RS, which is still less than half of a normal game.

The expansions for f.e. battlefield aren't that cheap, and they only add some weapons and maps, not an entire new theatre of war.

So for $10, yes, I would buy a good game. ;)

Upvote 0
At the current time there are no plans to make In County a paid expansion of RO2. :)

That said we are more than happy to work with TWI (and do) in order to complete it, effectively it is an extension of the relationship we had during the development of Mare Nostrum.

Thanks for posting! Really enjoyed Mare Nostrum and looking forward to IC:V.

Just a question: Are there plans to have IC:V downloadable from steam in a separate launcher like Mare Nostrum?

Upvote 0
My two cents: I wouldn't want it integrated like RS into the game. I have no interest in Vietnam, only WWII. Integrating a 'Nam theater into the game makes RO2 into "just another shooter" rather than the "Most Realistic WWII Shooter" out there.

Well at least the most realistic WW2 shooter released recently, but that aside why would a realistic Vietnam mod make the game "just another shooter.

I agree though, I don't really think the Vietnam thing would really fit in with the WWII element so I'd like it implemented similarly to DH and MN or integrated into the same launcher but still unofficial.

Upvote 0
My two cents: I wouldn't want it integrated like RS into the game. I have no interest in Vietnam, only WWII. Integrating a 'Nam theater into the game makes RO2 into "just another shooter" rather than the "Most Realistic WWII Shooter" out there.

Yes because adding a different theater of war is what's going to destroy RO2's realism.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0