• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trader's discount, trader's messages

Badbloody

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
France
This concept can be done only if there's a mutator / update who balance money earn / actually discount.

Actually, there's a Killing floor's issue about difficulty > You get your T3 weapon on the second wave .

Why? Due to insane discount and a lots of money won in every difficulty (even on suicidal =/).

So, yesterday, while i was running on Westlondon, i saw again the Trader's messages on the wall, you know these pictures with a sentence and the trader's sign w/ a kiss .

So , what do you think of use these picture and turn them to an item .

The goal of that picture should be , well , it could push people to search for them / for it to get a general discount for every player / a discount for their actual weapon's perks / individual discounts for the one who found it, etc ... It will change location every wave and we will need to find it every wave (or every 2-3 wave, we can speak about it).

The utility of this :

- Push people to move & seek this/those pictures, forcing them to move and, well, explore a little the map to find it .

- New players / low perks would seek those picture to get some discount for their weapons that are insanely expansive for their perk's level .

- Add a new item

- Slightly reduce discount and push people to get those pictures to have decent discount

- The major percentage of discounts will be Rewarded by finding this item and will be no more Passively Given when you hit lvl6 perks

- Make the trader proud of you and make her laugh when you come to her and saw that you actually ripped of these picture on the walls to make her happy

Now, how does it works ? Which % discount ? Where to find these picture? How are they placed on the map (random position, etc ..) .. It's up to you , just give your point of view .

How would you see that item to work ? It's your turn to speak !

Initial post / idea :

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=580791&postcount=11

Last edited:
Those things could randomly spawn at item spawnpoints.
Hm.

Another alternative would be to get rid of controlled discounts altogether and randomize it each wave.
So round 1, bullpup, shotgun and handcannon 50% off, round 2 crossbow, pipebomb and m32 etc.
Higher difficulty would mean less discounts up to only 1 discounted weapon per wave on suicidal.
Discounts do happen rather randomly irl too, no?

If this won't get implemented, those would be good ideas for a mutator.

Upvote 0
But many people, myself included, feel rather robbed to lose a game by chance (ie could get a decent weapon while it was available, then lose to FPs/scrakes).

Then again the idea might not be to bad at introducing variation into weapon choice because of prohibitive prices.

Upvote 0
Those things could randomly spawn at item spawnpoints.
Hm.

Only at spawn positions ? It could be great to have something like 3-4 location / map (imagine on manor, one in the chopper , one in the first floor's house , one on the piano , etc .. )

I see that item like an optionnaly one who will appears on every rounds or every 2 wave (depending on the wave's number)

Another alternative would be to get rid of controlled discounts altogether and randomize it each wave.
So round 1, bullpup, shotgun and handcannon 50% off, round 2 crossbow, pipebomb and m32 etc.
Higher difficulty would mean less discounts up to only 1 discounted weapon per wave on suicidal.

I don't know, that way, you'll force players to catch cheapers one, you will not have a lots of choice =/ . The great things about this game is the feeling of freedom, mp7 with demoman ? Law + medic ? YAY . I don't want to lead people with predefined "stuffing way". I prefer the first option for the moment ^^ .

Well, ax and LAR are enough to deal with pounds and scrakes.
Being stuck with tier 2 doesn't really leave you defenseless either.

You've right, it should be funny to see too . "Oh ****, fp and not enough cash to get this damn weapon!" *take his LAR*

Upvote 0
I don't know, that way, you'll force players to catch cheapers one, you will not have a lots of choice =/ . The great things about this game is the feeling of freedom, mp7 with demoman ? Law + medic ? YAY . I don't want to lead people with predefined "stuffing way". I prefer the first option for the moment ^^ .
Fun fact: the LAW gets no discount from any perk right now and non-discounted weapons are buyable!

Upvote 0
I doubt people would actually go look for them during a wave, or if they do a bunch of noobs will just get themselves killed.

A new gamemode involving moving from one place to another would be great, but implementing something like this in the current gamemode would probably cause more trouble than anything else.

Or a mutator.

Upvote 0
I doubt people would actually go look for them during a wave, or if they do a bunch of noobs will just get themselves killed.

A new gamemode involving moving from one place to another would be great, but implementing something like this in the current gamemode would probably cause more trouble than anything else.

Or a mutator.

Don't see only that from the "noob" side . Eveyone isn't a noob player x) .
Actually, there's already lots of players who let the team by themselves and think that they could handle the specs alone . I don't think that will up this fact .

And, actually, it's made for the team . Someone who got it (and bring it ? dunno, let's discuss about it ^^' ) will have better discounts for him and for his teamates .

So, people who will search those out will make it for the team (and for themself by the way x) ). I think that's a fair way to make benefit for everyone , it's not the selfish way "Me first me first !" against spec's killing , when some guys try to make the fatal blow on decaped's specs and earn the money instead of the initial guy.

It could be a safe way to make the game harder and push people moving, searching for this item and make this a little more survivalist-style .
I'm wishing make this in a "Pro mode" or something , something that will give more challenge to people ^^' . (but i have no idea how to making it xD) .

Upvote 0