• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trader time

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
First, sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language.

Problem:
As I see, general purpose of limiting trading time is to avoid camping in the same place through the entire game and to make players to look for additional stuff on the map during the wave, not after it. I 100% agree with it, but there is a little problem. As KF developers see us only as gamers, we are humans too (at least I am ;)). So except gaming we also must eat, drink, go to toilet, answer the phone call etc. And during game (especially if it's long) there is simply no time to that. So often I'll see messages like "please protect me while I'm taking a crap".
Other side of this problem is further game strategy discussion. If playing with friends it's alright: each one knows his role, what to do, what perk to choose and what stuff to buy. But when playing on the internet with people you don't know, there's a high probability that strategy goes wrong, even if good players are playing. For example, yesterday we're playing 6 players without any medic in the team. I suggested to someone become a medic. I the result after wave 4 players became a medic!!! We healed ourselfs till death :D

My suggestion:
Stop the time, when ALL players are inside the trader house. So players can rest, talk about further strategy and do side-tasks (like going to WC).

Sounds like you don't know how to manage the time. If u know u have to go to the bathroom etc do it before the game. Plan before the game not during. There is no need for your idea simply because if you are a good player and know how to manage the time then you will be prepared before anything happens. If you miss the trader because you were doing something else then you should have thought about it before EG keep last zed alive until you have reached the treader to maximise trader time and to get ready before a wave comes.

Upvote 0
I understand where you are coming from, but this is not the way to solve it. You have to discuss roles and all that before the game in the pregame perk selection stage. That way you can see what evryone else plans on doing. You can also tell how people are going to play generally within the first few waves of the game just by the perk they select and how close they try and get to the zombies. You just have to closely monitor your teamates in an early wave so that YOU know what to expect, and then you can cater to what the team requires.

Good luck with the toulet problem though, I generally have the same problem but when the rest of my family is in the toilet and i have to get the phone... that freaking sucks. Nothing can be done, find a secluded corner or stand in the middle of your teammates and hope for the best.

Upvote 0