• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too birds with one stone.

Desensitized to suppressing fire? The longer a soldier was at war the better he got at it?

This was the mistake the generals made on both sides.

Actually the longer soldiers are at war the worse they get at it. Studies done on the stats after war showed that most front line soldiers LOST effectiveness after being on the line for just two weeks.

They became psychologically exhausted and start to break down mentally and then emotionally and then started to crack. This varied based on the man and the actual experience, but it took far less time than anyone was willing to admit at the division level, at least for the U.S. Army. But it is likely it happened on all sides, which in a way kept the balance, since both sides would keep their men on the line long past the point when they were breaking down from nervous exhaustion.

We are not talking about football players here vs. rookies. We are talking about 24/7 stress behind imaging if you did not live through it.

As for wanting rare weapons to be truly rare, does that mean YOU are willing to play for days or weeks and NEVER get lucky enough to have a rare weapon?

I am willing to do that and would prefer that to too many rares making them unrare.

But I wonder if such statements are said by those who want to be the elite with the rare weapon giving them a superior advantage over the rest of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Desensitized to suppressing fire? The longer a soldier was at war the better he got at it?

This was the mistake the generals made on both sides.

Actually the longer soldiers are at war the worse they get at it. Studies done on the stats after war showed that most front line soldiers LOST effectiveness after being on the line for just two weeks.

You might want to go back and re-read some of those studies. Soldiers lost combat effectiveness after just two weeks of continuous front line duty without being pulled back for recovery times. Even a week of front line duty during active fire engagements did a horrible number on them.

My grandfathers spent a lot more than two weeks on the front lines in Europe.

Upvote 0
By trying to satisfy both, TWI made a game that is a vanilla copy of the other WW2 games and dumped a cleveland steamer on the memory of RO.

The people looking for the next game will leave soon enough, and the RO faithful will be left with RO2. And they will be disgusted, but still eat it.

A failed opportunity to show the gaming development community what a WW2 game should be (sans all the blinking lights).

A failed opportunity to create a superior WW2 product.

One of the major indicators that TWI was not interested in making a good WW2 game shows in the maps having no context to WW2. They are simply maps, with WW2 avatars.

Money talks! Gamers be damned.

This RO faithful will stay, but I'm also looking for a real shooter, with real context and real gameplay.

Upvote 0