• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

what is up with the running in red orc 2 ?

what is up with the running in red orc 2 ?

well i have watched the latest videos and the running or how your player runs has instantly put me off :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-gameplay-red-orchestra/717223

watch straight away its like hes doing a monty python sketch or a wide boy run :D

will this be changed seems a little like hes leaning back limbo style

Upvote 0
Going to have to agree with nebsif

Edit: I really don't see anything wrong with the running, it's how the germans were trained to run in ww2, the russians were trained differently.

I definitely can't see what you are seeing and by the sounds of your description, thank god.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Going to have to agree with nebsif

Edit: I really don't see anything wrong with the running, it's how the germans were trained to run in ww2, the russians were trained differently.

I definitely can't see what you are seeing and by the sounds of your description, thank god.

what ? lol so they were trained to run like that :D good joke that one

Upvote 0
Luckily never saw anyone get shot to death myself, but I can imagine its not THAT much blood when it happends. Also, there is surely dust and pieces of cloth flying around like somehow seen in this animation. Think its ok, also that stopping effect after the first burst looks comprehensible.

It depends on where you get hit, what kind of bullet hits, you, etc. There's a video of a fairly large (shirtless) man getting shot by a SWAT team with a submachine gun and it shows a noticeable but not utterly prevalent mist of blood. Might be different if you get shot in a major artery.

Upvote 0
It depends on where you get hit, what kind of bullet hits, you, etc. There's a video of a fairly large (shirtless) man getting shot by a SWAT team with a submachine gun and it shows a noticeable but not utterly prevalent mist of blood. Might be different if you get shot in a major artery.

Shirtless being the key here. Those dang clothes tend to get in the way blood. I'm shocked at the gore lust some are displaying.

Upvote 0
Shirtless being the key here. Those dang clothes tend to get in the way blood. I'm shocked at the gore lust some are displaying.

Why? Many people simply want realism and authenticity. For that, you need to show what weapons can do to the human body.
Without it it becomes less immersive. It's not like we get a hard-on from seeing gore. I don't see what's so shocking, and tbh saying stuff like that is too self-righteous, like we are all sick in the head except for you.

Upvote 0
Could someone from TWI tell me/us, if this is the final AI or - like the game build - also a alpha or beta AI?

I have seen some nice reactions from AI so far, but they still attack too rambo styled (running into the enemy, hipshooting) or pass each other, not reacting on the enemy running right next to him or when taking fire sticking to cover of the wrong direction (so you can still easily shoot them) :(

I know this is mainly a MP game, but imho these features should be part of an regular AI

Overall, great videos!

Upvote 0
I think the dust is great, as well as rounds that miss the target hitting surrounding areas. I've shot enough shirtless elk to know that there generally isn't a lot of blood on impact. If you blow something off maybe.....

I think the level of gore is Ok, maybe a teeny bit high from a realism point of view.

Reactions: Ossius
Upvote 0
Why? Many people simply want realism and authenticity. For that, you need to show what weapons can do to the human body.
Without it it becomes less immersive. It's not like we get a hard-on from seeing gore. I don't see what's so shocking, and tbh saying stuff like that is too self-righteous, like we are all sick in the head except for you.

+1

When You play WW2 air simulator You want to see enemy planes losing parts and going down with realistic smoke/explosions etc etc.

In RO2 I want to play as realistic as possible infantry/tank simulation. Geting hit in realistic way is very important part of overal experience.

Gore in RO1 was almost perfect, I hope TWI improve it a little bit in RO2 and I'll be very happy.

Upvote 0

I for one find excessive gore disgusting, and that's why I like it.

Gore is supposed to be disgusting. You shouldn't kid-glove the subject. Rainbows don't shoot out of people when you hit them with a bullet. Death is brutal, horrible, and war is an unconscionable and awful thing.

Upvote 0
Death is brutal, horrible, and war is an unconscionable and awful thing.

And yet here we are in our leisure time playing games that portray it for nothing more than poops and giggles.

No one wants a 1-1 re-enactment of what war is like (and if you do...you know where you can go...), the gore in RO2 is better than RO1 as we've clearly seen from the screenies/footage (visible bullet holes in playermodels) and it is imo - just right. It's ugly when it needs to be, but it's not slapping you in the face with it - it's very similar to RO1 in that respect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe when we get to the point where technology makes video games undeniably realistic looking and characters react 100% life-like it will be a jarring thing, but until then video-games are still video-games. It simply won't have the same effect on me as reality would for obvious reasons. Which is why I have fun with them.

Upvote 0