• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

At first I was against English voices, but then I thought about it...

In game, people will speak English/German/Russian over VOIP regardless of what team they are anyways.

Hearing Germans speaking German-accented English in RO2 won't be any less immersive than hearing some guy from Texas drawling over VOIP in RO:Ost. So what's the problem?
Unless i feel the urge to participate in the public conversation I'll have voip volume lowered or turned off completely.
For the most part i'm using Teamspeak/Vent for conversation with folks i know.
I was just about to write that listening to or speaking non-german as axis and non-russian as allies with/from other players should remove that immersion anyway. Not sure if you agreed with him or not heady89, but if you were disagreeing with Dwin: If you speak to your mates in TS/vent, then you kill thet immersion anyway.
(unless you do it in russian for allies etc.. :D)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unless i feel the urge to participate in the public conversation I'll have voip volume lowered or turned off completely.
For the most part i'm using Teamspeak/Vent for conversation with folks i know.

And do you speak German on TS/Vent when playing Axis and Russian when playing Soviet? If not, that aspect of immersion has already been removed anyway.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Wilsonam

Maybe an idea would be a way to activate a 'quiet mode' on your avatar, so he wont shout out randomly? for when you are a place you need to be quiet, Even if it wont trigger if your alone.. You may be hiding with a 1 team mate and both wanna be quiet. :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackLabel
Upvote 0
And do you speak German on TS/Vent when playing Axis and Russian when playing Soviet? If not, that aspect of immersion has already been removed anyway.

You'll hear plenty of German commands on the 305th Vent. It may not be a constant stream of fluent, unbroken German, but it sure beats everyone sounding like Schultz from Hogan's Heroes.

Reactions: Otto Fuhrmann
Upvote 0
Glad to see more ingame footage, especially MP! The game environment looks great, damage and suppression are looking well balanced too.

I have to voice a little disappointment with the player animations though, they look pretty stiff, awkward and weightless/floaty. I was hoping that they would improve as we got closer to release, but I'm a little worried now. And the karate chop German hand has got to go, pretty silly. :p

Upvote 0
You'll hear plenty of German commands on the 305th Vent. It may not be a constant stream of fluent, unbroken German, but it sure beats everyone sounding like Schultz from Hogan's Heroes.
Even I say stuff like "Geradeous und dann links mein herr" etc when I play as axis ^^. But then again, if I take gaming to that degree that I use the authentic language myself, why do I need the game to do so too? I can just mute the voice in the game and go 100% on the 3rd party stuff where I and the people I play with all speak german for instance.

Saying that you speak german in vent/ts3 as a counter-argument nullifies your first argument that it should be german in the game to begin with =).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps I will be corrected if I am wrong, but Ramm already said that your allied soldiers will speak in whatever language your copy is localized for.

E.g. if you purchase a German or Dutch version, you will hear those languages and not English.

Which would be like the Grebbeberg with a Mosin instead of Stalingrad in winter :p

Upvote 0

i have been whitnessing the rape of my motherlanguage in realism clans that try to be german so hard...srsly...( and really no offence ) its horrible.
At least make an effort and actualy ..ah wahtever...go ahead...:eek:

Upvote 0
This is some platoon **** right here

V3Fke.gif

No credit to me for this one

Upvote 0
Blood effects are fairly unrealistic, it generally is mostly a dirt/vapor puff that you'd see. Still, it would be better if it were a bit more pinkish.
Wasn't it like that when you were shooting someone and specially in stalingrad you would see the material from the winter jackets flying around. Also blodd isn't spreading in big clouds when you shoot someone

Upvote 0