• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thoughts from modders on ROHOS @ Gamescom

I'm interested to learn more about the gametypes so that we can get the best from our map designs and flesh out some ideas we have floating around.

Mantling is probably my favorite feature. With the bipod system coming in second. Thats going to be super useful to us with our mg's in IE.

What I really want to know is will there be adjustable sights for rifles and mg's?

Upvote 0
maybe some technical clarifications on things like mantling or the cover system and AI behaviour, are these all automatic features? or will mappers need to add volumes and such everywhere to tell the game what can happen where?

and other than that it would be nice to know with what kind of texture/SM sets the game will ship? only specific stalingrad apocalyptic-style autumn/winter stuff, or will there be a more diverse set to start with, so new custom maps etc aren't trapped in the same atmosfere from starters.

-edit- and about the weapons, soldier models, vehicles etc... will all those be limited to what was used in stalingrad 42/43?
otherwise i can see the first add-on mods, being late war mods that add the stuggy, the fausty and the schrecky!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
maybe some technical clarifications on things like mantling or the cover system and AI behaviour, are these all automatic features? or will mappers need to add volumes and such everywhere to tell the game what can happen where?

I would also like to know how the AI improvements will affect mappers. Will we have to litter cover nodes around each object (eg. Gears of War)?

I think modders will wait until more info is available before they make real decisions. Right now we don't even know for sure if vehicles will be in, or what content will be provided to use, or the other various systems in the game. Some indication on the overall map sizes might also be useful.

Xendance, there will probably be trees included, but you better stop being lazy and learn to make your own already. And that doesn't mean in the editor with BSP! :p

Upvote 0
I would also like to know how the AI improvements will affect mappers. Will we have to litter cover nodes around each object (eg. Gears of War)?

I think modders will wait until more info is available before they make real decisions. Right now we don't even know for sure if vehicles will be in, or what content will be provided to use, or the other various systems in the game. Some indication on the overall map sizes might also be useful.

Xendance, there will probably be trees included, but you better stop being lazy and learn to make your own already. And that doesn't mean in the editor with BSP! :p

Like this?! :p http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=33333

Btw. Does the ROHOS UE 3 build support specularity for terrain or is it still disabled for performance reasons? Also, is it possible to set foliage (like the ferns in my thread) to receive directional lighting or do they still absorb the lighting value from the terrain underneath that piece of foliage?

And do two translucent materials still get buggy when they overlap?

Last edited:
Upvote 0