• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This is the last straw for this .... game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminxman

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
I have made sacrifices that I shouldn't have made just to play this game, things like uninstalling my firewall and using a different one which I do not trust like my old one, and now I am getting this error when trying to start up my game:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2414 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 Series (6601)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Why am I getting this error, Developers?

I'm tired of idiots trying to say that it's a problem with my system, it's the ****ing game. My video card Drivers are updated to the latest version, like that would make a difference, if you noticed it's not the "no video" error most people are getting. And I will not reformat because I haven't changed anything with my system, and the error just showed up.

Upvote 0
also have you tried running RO on safe mode?

Okay from what I've searched on google some GPF are caused by hardware conflicts with the software and software conflicts with the software. Some of the GPF's related to the UE were caused by faulty hardware. Have you run any diagnostic software to see if all the hardware on your machine is okay. The other GPF's were caused because of software conflicts, most of the people fixed the issue by changing some settings in some of the files related to game they were playing or by running as few services as possible. Thats why Im suggesting you try it in safemode to see if it is a software or hardware conflict.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.