• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Then we will see Killing Floor 2 ?

steff

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
Russian Federation
chi100v.ru
3 years passed since the first game was release. Engine is already morally outdated and the game has been living only through the efforts of the community. Maybe it's time to breathe new life into this project and cease to develop trash like "The Ball"?
Skontsentirrovat all the power and resources to create a new project - Killing Floor 2

A sequel is pointless. The story is pretty much set in one game.

Outbreak happens > Kevin (Patty) responsible > Kill Kevin > Throw money at each other

There is no need for a second kf. Most I will ask is for a reboot that wont end up getting special treatment and leave the old kf dead.

Upvote 0
Flattering and while there is a great deal of mod content, KF doesn't have a Day Z; a mod so popular people buy the game for it in droves. Granted mods get existing players to try new things, rarely do they ever have a significant impact on growth. Not to undermine the contributions mods have, this just happens to be the case 99.9% of the time. Killing Floor itself hadn't even reached this status as a mod for UT2004.

The Red Orchestra franchise is the other game. The Ball is as much TW as Dwarfs and Zeno Clash.

Upvote 0
Flattering and while there is a great deal of mod content, KF doesn't have a Day Z; a mod so popular people buy the game for it in droves. Granted mods get existing players to try new things, rarely do they ever have a significant impact on growth. Not to undermine the contributions mods have, this just happens to be the case 99.9% of the time. Killing Floor itself hadn't even reached this status as a mod for UT2004.

The Red Orchestra franchise is the other game. The Ball is as much TW as Dwarfs and Zeno Clash.

Hopefully our aliens mod will change that a bit, but I doubt it too. We will find out in prob about 2 weeks people, look sharp! :)

Upvote 0
Engine is already morally outdated

Downside to a reboot is it will require more hardware. Sure they could go to unreal 3 before all the advanced tessellation crap was thrown in but even then you are looking at ut3 quality which means a **** ton of texture popouts and horribly matte reflections.

Reboot is nice but I can see it dying pretty quick and people sticking to the previous version.

Upvote 0
3 years passed since the first game was release. Engine is already morally outdated and the game has been living only through the efforts of the community. Maybe it's time to breathe new life into this project and cease to develop trash like "The Ball"?
Skontsentirrovat all the power and resources to create a new project - Killing Floor 2

Morally?

Upvote 0
My guess is it's a language issue since it says he's from the "russian federation". Maybe he meant its mortally outdated, as in mortally wounded kinda thing?

Considering the ridiculous grammatical errors these forums have witnessed that I even got pissed off about in the past ( I won't link them here because I don't wish to stir things back up) I find it peculiar this one word has caused a stir. His point seems to come through despite this discrepancy.

Or, maybe he really meant morally and he finds using an old game engine morally outdated : )

I'm all for a new Killing Floor getting made. But I think this game will exist, as is, getting it's updates and events for at least 2 more years before the devs even whisper about KF2. That's just my guess.

Upvote 0

Living only through the efforts of the community? So all the free content and holiday events provided by TWI mean nothing?

Tripwire didn't develop the Ball, they published it.

Upvote 0