• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

RO2 Beta
NS2 Beta

tumblr_lkhih4tRW21qd9t37o1_500.gif

Upvote 0
The Grand Turismo and Killzone games have quite a following. I've only played Grand Turismo 4, I think it was, and it was very good.
Devil May Cry 1 and 3 are said to be really really good as well. I also hear great things about the God of War games, but I'm not sure.

Aren't the PSP GTAs available for the PS2 too now? Might be worth looking into if they are.

No idea about online.

gt4 looks good but i've got decent racers on xbox i never get round to...judging by gt1 and 2 its a bit of a marathon dunno if i'll find the time.

Might get panzer front 2, liberty/vice city stories and the first time splitters wasnt on xbox either.

i've thought of a katamari game and theres that shadow of the colossus that i remember being previewed.

Anything ps2 exclusive really, thats interesting.

Upvote 0
i got a nice touch with the ps2 -
by amazing coincidence local charity shop had a load of games including Final fantasy 10, 11 +12 , Metal gear solid snake eater, and unbelievably that shadow of the colossus (which sells for a few quid on ebay nowadays) - all mint and all a pound each.
i also got gamecube zelda, mario kart , luigi mansion ,mario sunshine and rogue squad 2 (that looks really good) for the kids.

I'm playing vietcong at the moment.

I'm wondering if desert rats vs afrika corps is any good - i like close combat, dislike CoH and thought soldiers HoWW2 was ok but a bit too like commandos.
Anyone here rate it?

Upvote 0
Been playing Stalker Clear Sky Complete. Got bored rather quickly because I already finished the game in vanilla, new features or not I've all done it once before. So after some researching I got Far Cry 2 and I must say I quite enjoy it atm. Sure having to pass a checkpoint for the bazzilionth time gets quite annoying but the action is good, it's polished and I enjoy games that aren't shooty shooty 90% of the time, you spend alot of time driving. I don't know if I'll be able to finish it or if I will be bored of it sooner.

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
I just got Borderlands complete edition in the sale yesterday.
Got the advanced config tool but still have to see how that thing works.

I heard it was far better coop, so two friends also got it and now waiting for everyone to come online simultaneously (<- this word is hell:p)

Also got Recettear. I mostly buy indie to support indie. But as was with Solar 2 two weeks ago; it's surprisingly fun:D

Ofcourse RO1, Tf2 are still played but thats no surprise:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I finished Far Cry 2 and I'm quite pleased with it, it did have some bugs but I liked the game, good action that lets you choose where and how you attack from mostly. I would've liked to keep playing it after the story ended but the game doesn't allow that. I would give it 89%, original location, good action, open world, quite polished but there are some bugs and you can't drive around the map without getting shot at every 2 minutes untill you know how to pass as little checkpoints as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel exactly the same about FC2. Ive had my saved game for ages just cant get back into it although I like it alot.

I played through the game twice. Overall it is a very nice game. The music and scenery are nice. The animations for getting in and out of vehicles is nice and fluid, and the game was very stable.

I just wish it was moddable. Then I am sure some mods could have fixed the checkpoints always respawning bad guys. And then of course making the weapons more powerful.

As for me I loaded up Wings Over Israel recently.

Upvote 0
Playing with sc2s galaxy editor and some RO as well. Everytime I play there seems to be a few people who just bought the game which is cool to see. Soon they will be the majority of the player base which is weird to think about.

I managed to troll myself pretty bad. I have not been on steam for a while and I saw that I had the RO2 beta on my games list. It of course was some other shortcut I renamed a long time ago but my heart skipped a beat.

Upvote 0
.....and you're currently playing it?
Nope, just wanted to kinda spread the news without creating a new thread (yet), because imo there isn't enough info on the game about it yet to do that. So I thought I'd share it in this thread since there is no specific thread to post "minor" gaming news.

Upvote 0