• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Not too much funny stuff for pc lately, so i'm spending me time with my good ol' PS2 and my cellphone :cool:

PS2:
- King's Field: The Ancient City
- Final Fantasy XII
- Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
- Front Mission 4

Cellphone:
(with ScummVM)
- The Curse of Mony Island
- Full Throttle

(With FPse):
- Final Fantasy IX
- Vagran Story
Sadly my old Diablo disk is too scratched to work anymore :( but for what I see, it would work really slow anyway

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- King's Field: The Ancient City

- Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

- Vagrant Story

Ah man, all classics. I got a PS2 craving a while back and went hunting for King's Field and Tenchu games. I couldn't find either AC or WoH though, so I had to settle for earlier versions of both series. King's Field II is still pretty decent. But man, Tenchu did not age well.

Right now I'm playing Red Faction Guerrilla. It is as satisfying to break **** left and right as people were saying. I get a Mercenaries 2 vibe from it. Not sure how long it will keep my attention, but for $5 it's a good time.

Upvote 0
well i got an old gaming pc of mine up and running again, and installed some fav early 2000s games on it (for some reason i play games on hardware/os of a similar era as a rule)

Anyway so it's been a bit of R6:3 online (still great), and also vietcong coop which is still after all this time one of my fav things in pc gaming.

Even though 6th sense who i used to play with are no longer involved with VC, most of those old guys are still involved and i'm loving it again like i was never away.

Upvote 0
Dungeon Keeper
Technically, it looks horrible, of course, but there is something about the look of this game that makes it very appealing, for some reason.
Also, you know how games look worse and worse as time goes on? Remember Far Cry? It used to be THE game. Now you look at it and it looks bland and empty compared to Crysis. In two years Crysis is going to look blurry and boring. Dungeon Keeper has hit rock-bottom already though! It won't look any worse than it does today 25 years from now!
And for whatever reason it manages to look appealing.

I have one major gripe with it though:
"YOUR CREATURES ARE UNDER ATTACK!" "YOUR CREATURES ARE FALLING IN BATTLE!"
Enough already. I know. Heard you the first five times...:p

Upvote 0
Tried Fallout 3, don't know why people love it, the movement is all stiff. Although that's the only remark I can give atm, it kind of makes me not want to play it. I can move around like a crazed vibrator while I thought it tried to be realistic somewhat.

That was a huge complaint of mine to. Just stick with it though. Walk around and explore, there are many quests to do. If you get bored, just and finish the main story quests. They only account for 1/5th of the game, if that.

Upvote 0
The Grand Turismo and Killzone games have quite a following. I've only played Grand Turismo 4, I think it was, and it was very good.
Devil May Cry 1 and 3 are said to be really really good as well. I also hear great things about the God of War games, but I'm not sure.

Aren't the PSP GTAs available for the PS2 too now? Might be worth looking into if they are.

No idea about online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0