• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Trader Strikes Back!!

ThePatriarch

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
Biotics Lab
i have some Female players in my Teamspeak as well as gameserver, and they are always griping about how there are no "female" chars in KF.

So, why not Bring in our ol lovely "lady Trader" to do some carnal damage in the war against Mutants?

this would be a great oppurtunity to increase Female players and support, as well as give our lovely replaced trader to have a reson to play now that shes been replaced by the portal bot.......and im sure shes mad at this point for that and over her fears due to this....lol

she could give wise crack commenst like:

"ill teach your arse to trade me in mate!!

"Bloddy hell om PMSing again"

"you remind me of my no good husband"

"you look iron defecient mate"

"did you call me a Biotch?

"dont forget to eat your veggies"

"you have a face only a mother could love"

"bloody hell you made me break a nail"

please consider this TWI.......i think all the Femmes out there would be happy to have a Trader in on the action as well....lol

Last edited:
I wouldnt be surprised if that female players are blonde...

1) The idea of female player models were discussed 100 times.

2) Where do you want to shop if you are the Trader?!

3) I hate females in cool games because they cant play.

4) Use the search function :)

1. maybe so .but not the trader being an official char ,now that shes axed...this is a great way to fit her into the game?
2.walmart.....prices are always falling...lol
3.wow...you really are single?(females start throwing their shoes at you)
4.see 1 although doesnt really apply here:p

Upvote 0
read, please, female models = discussed and decided against, also, trader as character, mut is made, go get it, who cares if it's official or not.

Please dont troll.......

please read > its just an "idea and a suggestion", and im sure theres "female" Players that care and would like this, and btw, a mutator?
how many people know how to use those?very few, pleae be practical...ty
im suggeting a "trader" characer" as a perm dlc char that femmes can use thats all,..........if you read my op, you'll see that theres femmes out there that "care" to have this rather than a male dlc or perm char to use.
i realise female dlc's have been discuseeed, but not the "trader" as a dlc or perm char has been discussed ...........please dont deviate from this.
Thanks.............just throwing out an idea thats all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unit-05 and sverek
Upvote 0
Please dont troll.......

please read > its just an "idea and a suggestion", and im sure theres "female" Players that care and would like this, and btw, a mutator?
im suggeting a "trader" characer" as a perm dlc char that femmes can use thats all,..........if you read my op, you'll see that theres femmes out there that "care" to have this rather than a male dlc or perm char to use.
i realise female dlc's have been discuseeed, but not the "trader" as a dlc or perm char has been discussed ...........please dont deviate from this.

This will not happen for some time for sure. TWI already said, that they would need to redo ALL of the character animation to match female moves, and that is one hell of the job. So just get over it

Upvote 0
Please dont troll.......

not trolling, and this is not a new idea, as you yourself said, there is a mutator, so this shows that someone already had more than just the idea, and TWI said that female characters were too much work for too little payoff, i know there are "femmes" out there that care, but that is irrelevant as it is still not a viable option, and seriously, mut's are not that hard to use, you open them up, move the files over to the corresponding folders, then you activate them in-game.

Upvote 0
This will not happen for some time for sure. TWI already said, that they would need to redo ALL of the character animation to match female moves, and that is one hell of the job. So just get over it

Pretty much creating not just a new skin and texture, but a whole new gender :eek:

A new animation for walking, wielding/unwielding, welding, healing, shooting (of all weapons) crouching, anything you can think of, they have to make it anew.

And then there's a new voiceset :IS2:
The size of this task rivals the calibre of the IS-2

Upvote 0
I think its a crock of crud the reason they said there are no female models, its was a pathetic excuse and still is, theres no reason why female characters couldn't have been implemented into the game in the first original release, or better yet in the 4 DLC's.

The thing is, TWI clearly are a motivated lot, look at that xmas pack, they put their all into good DLC's and side attractions, this female character thing has been questioned for a long time, I don't believe that they can't get a female model, some female voice actors, that it would take too long and so much money, its all babah :)

But to the point of this thread, its clear that the above reason has already been debunked as the trader is already there, TWI... you confuse me with your decisions.

I wouldn't use female characters as I aint female, but I dont see why they're so removed, new animations and so on its yet again a bull bull reason, using anything as an escape goat now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think its a crock of crud the reason they said there are no female models, its was a pathetic excuse and still is, theres no reason why female characters couldn't have been implemented into the game in the first original release, or better yet in the 4 DLC's.

The thing is, TWI clearly are a motivated lot, look at that xmas pack, they put their all into good DLC's and side attractions, this female character thing has been questioned for a long time, I don't believe that they can't get a female model, some female voice actors, that it would take too long and so much money, its all babah :)

But to the point of this thread, its clear that the above reason has already been debunked as the trader is already there, TWI... you confuse me with your decisions.

I wouldn't use female characters as I aint female, but I dont see why they're so removed, new animations and so on its yet again a bull bull reason, using anything as an escape goat now.

firstly, getting a decent voice recording isn't easy or cheap, same goes for getting the voice actor, then you have the fact that they would have to make a new model and skins, make new animations for ALL EXISTING ANIMATIONS, that relate to charcter, all that ****, just isn't worth it, seriouisly, if i gave you a great voice actor, and a fully equipt studio and a day to give me ONE LINE, you would have difficulties, it just isn't viable to record all lines again, especially when they aren't actually developing the game anymore, i agree that it would have been %100 possible in the initial release, but now it just isn't justifiable.

Upvote 0
firstly, getting a decent voice recording isn't easy or cheap, same goes for getting the voice actor, then you have the fact that they would have to make a new model and skins, make new animations for ALL EXISTING ANIMATIONS, that relate to charcter, all that ****, just isn't worth it, seriouisly, if i gave you a great voice actor, and a fully equipt studio and a day to give me ONE LINE, you would have difficulties, it just isn't viable to record all lines again, especially when they aren't actually developing the game anymore, i agree that it would have been %100 possible in the initial release, but now it just isn't justifiable.

Yet they'll go re-record voices for the xmas release and this portal 2 theme.

I see the animation problem as a half because I dont actually think it would matter if the character walked like a chic or not, most chicks I see walk like dudes anyway, thats just a reason given to silence the masses that animations need changing, seriously, how do chicks weld doors different from men, do they blow it a kiss first?

The Reasons given are weak, it can be done if they really wanted it to, but either way, it aint gunna happen cos they say nay and its their game, so nothing more can be done really.

Upvote 0
Yet they'll go re-record voices for the xmas release and this portal 2 theme.

I see the animation problem as a half because I dont actually think it would matter if the character walked like a chic or not, most chicks I see walk like dudes anyway, thats just a reason given to silence the masses that animations need changing, seriously, how do chicks weld doors different from men, do they blow it a kiss first?

The Reasons given are weak, it can be done if they really wanted it to, but either way, it aint gunna happen cos they say nay and its their game, so nothing more can be done really.

well i guess i can say it was a good idea, lol
but yeah your right..................besides have you seen the butt on that trader?.........thats some serious animation wprk just right there alone....LOL prolly takes up 1gb of texture booty shaking material.....hehehe

Upvote 0
I certainly trust my sister in games more than I trust most of the blokes I've encountered...

That said I believe the main reason females haven't been added is TWI (being the awesome perfectionists they are) would want to release female characters of a sufficient quality standard, and doing so would require them completely reanimated every weapon animation in the game to fit a female skeleton.

Is alot of work needless to say. If I remember rightly it isn't a flat out no, but there would need to be a pretty good reason to invest the time and money into making them :)

Upvote 0