• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the things that make you want to punch a baby thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that's a pretty unfair exaggeration. Sure, a lot of "communists" don't really research it enough before deciding that's what they are (myself included, a few years ago), but on the other hand, they're probably calling themselves that because they truly believe that all people should be equal and that capitalism is bad.

Also, I wasn't aware that communism was trendy.

Oh, it's all the rage among the college crowd, and among a good portion of the professors. At least, it is over here. Oh, I forgot about the wanna-be college crowd, which is big in California. Nothing more pathetic than a moron who couldn't get into college to save his/her life PRETENDING to be a college student.

In my experience, that percentage may be a bit LOW as far as how many people I've met claiming to be communists were frauds. As soon as I've talked with someone who lives up to the true communist ideal, I'll let you know. So far I haven't met one who couldn't live without xxxxx posession being theirs; A computer, motor scooter, trendy faux-commie clothing... Threre's always something very capitalistic about them, no matter how hard they try to deny it.

Also, they always say they're doing it so that everybody can be equal, and therefore free, when they're going at it backwards. Freedom leads to equality, not the other way around. Not that it matters, they're more interested in saying "you can't do that! It's anti-freedom!" when, in reality, the words "you can't do that" is as anti-freedom as it gets.

Wolverines!!!!!

Upvote 0
People who subscribe to one party/one platform just to be part of something
People who say they hate people based on their party/platform (most common, liberals vs. conservatives, democrats vs. republicans... people, they're all dumb.)
People who hate GWB because ''everyone else does"
People who treat politics like war
People who drink alcohol, but think weed is dangerous
People who don't mind their own business (for example, a housewife calling the cops because there are people outside drinking...)
Cops who infringe on your basic rights
Courts that don't punish cops for infringing on your rights
People who fight to keep cannabis illigal, based on government propaganda videos
Unreasonable gun laws, such as the 'ban on assault rifles..' Second amendment all the way!
Racists
Terrorists
People who jump in my tank then drive it out into the open to be killed (thx!)
Pseudo WWII experts
Politicians
Anything/Anyone who say/support the idea/ideas that cannabis should remain illigal
Drunks
People who hate the war in Iraq based on CNN reports.
People who support the war in iraq based on Fox reports.

... more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the idea is that true freedom for everyone can only be achieved through abolition of class and abolition of private ownership of the means of production.

I'm not really sure about the whole communism thing, though. I just know I don't like capitalism.

Either way, those people do sound like they're doing it for rather the wrong reasons. Although, (and this is my pedantic side coming out here) there's a difference between capitalist and consumerist. Though, it's kinda hypocritical to want lots of goods and call yourself a communist, it's also not fair to accuse someone of hypocrisy for having some level of capitalist-produced stuff, since, when living in a capitalist society, one shouldn't totally sacrifice one's standard of living out of sheer bloody-mindedness. I can't stand all this "Oooh I totally have to have that" stuff, but on the other hand I'm not gonna avoid enjoying myself just because most of the ways for me to do so involve capitalism in some way. It's a fine line.

Anyway, saying you have certain politics just because you think it's cool is really sad. I'll agree with you on that.

Ooh! I thought of more stuff:

- Tabloid newspapers
- Lad's magazines
- People who complain about immigration who come here to work and contribute to the country and then **** off to live in Spain lying around getting pissed all day (a quintessentially British pastime :/ )
- The phrase "political correctness gone mad"
- People who take a reactionary stance about everything just because they're too narrow- or simple-minded to think about it properly and rationally
- People who are afraid of change

Upvote 0
Anarchists
Commies
Neo-Nazis
Extremists of any kind(right or left, religious or atheist)
People who bash a politician because they heard on the news that he is "teh idiots, lawlz". They usually don't even know that politicians policies and just bash them because "teh t.V." says so.

People who talk on their cellphones ALL THE TIME.
When people interrupt someone while they are talking.
People who eat(I mean people who eat meals, not have a bite out of a candy bar or some such thing), talk on their cellphones, or do anything that requires their attention for more then 3 seconds at a time while driving.

Upvote 0
Things that make me want to punch babies:

Babies who sit there and just cry
Parents who let their babies just sit there and cry
Parents who bring babies to events that clearly would be a horrible idea and make the baby cry (bringing a baby to a horror movie)
The little kids on those super-sitter shows that just need a good wacking on the butt
The parents who refuse to spank their kids
Overly religous people
The school system
People who think Tupac was a hero/saint
Liberals
Kids who think theyve suffered (emo's/goths)
Fat chicks who think theyre hot
The girls on super sweet 16
Affirmative Action and the whole race card thing
People who are lazy and just live off welfare
Those 9 year olds on VoIP (the whiney, the whiney)
Watching Spanishized commercials on cable television
Seeing signs in english and spanish
Not getting an order right at fast food restaurants because they cant speak english
Illegal Immigrants
Illegal Immigrants sending money back
People who support the country they came from more than the country theyre in
People who worship celebrities
Soccer moms
reality tv
neighboors who call up the city because they think their col-de-sac is the best in the city
over political correctness

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.