• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

Been working on this for the last weeks, still encounterting some kismet and other problems, like i'm only able to play the map in editor and not able to load the cooked map in the game as it crashes every time i load it.

Another huge problem for me is the lack of winter foliage, there are no conifer trees and no foliage with snow etc and my modelling skills dont allow me to create those myself (yet) :(

zs0vFMpi161O.jpg

PT7Hhv85yOL2.jpg

rLquV6pkTQWm.jpg

pMqud65smVkU.jpg

gQQAsdPV1qP2.jpg

Upvote 0
Great stuff in here as usual :) Props to Le0 as always, keep it up matey! Gleedo - it looks awesome mate, really liking what you've done so far :) And gogo Nightingale - nice to see your early work! :) I would try posting a thread here, regarding the trees - someone might be able to help you out there. We've already seen some impressive model work - tanks they may be, but the talent is here and potentially available for other stuff :)

Upvote 0
Yes, it is still pretty much WIP, and i am waiting (and hoping) for one of the new TWI maps to contain some proper winter trees,bushes,etc. i can use in mine to create the little forests and some other stuff i would like to have.

There are some winter style conifers on turbosquid.com - I think some were even free to use - perhaps got take a peek over there. It's where I pinched my little church from ;)

Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
I miss back when we used to get new versions of maps every few days.

Oh well, I guess bigger, better patches are good too.

Well as soon some problems are solved you will get updates and new stuff.
For now we need a little bit patience. I would love to playtest some stuff but as some peeps had some weird difference in how a map behave local compared with gameplay on a server we need to have some patience.

Meanwhile I have added an extra objective and changed settings in objective 1 and 3 to reduce the the run lenght after spawn. Objective 1 and 3 locks down once taken so no recap. This opened up the possibilities to spawn closer to the next objective.

To waste my time and to fill this thread with useless information I made some fancy screenshots. Most of them are taken in the new small objective. Its a crossing inbetween two larger halls. These bots are bad mofo's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well as soon some problems are solved you will get updates and new stuff.
For now we need a little bit patience. I would love to playtest some stuff but as some peeps had some weird difference in how a map behave local compared with gameplay on a server we need to have some patience.

Meanwhile I have added an extra objective and changed settings in objective 1 and 3 to reduce the the run lenght after spawn. Objective 1 and 3 locks down once taken so no recap. This opened up the possibilities to spawn closer to the next objective.

To waste my time and to fill this thread with useless information I made some fancy screenshots. Most of them are taken in the new small objective. Its a crossing inbetween two larger halls. These bots are bad mofo's

how have you achieved such a good definition ( it seems a 4 or 8x antialias) :confused:

Upvote 0
THis map looks very nice, but I find rather strange the greenish tint on everything (excluding the sky). Is some strange lighting being used?

Maraz

Upvote 0
Has this map been running on TDP server? I saw TE-Coldsteel in the Steam server browser this evening on that server, but it loaded Butovo instead :(. After seeing those screens I can't wait to play this :IS2:
Yep the map was on the TDP server but we noticed some weird behaviour on the server while these things won't happen when i played it local.
Seems BOH - Rekrut have the same problems on his map.
These problems need to be solved. Testing local all works fine.

THis map looks very nice, but I find rather strange the greenish tint on everything (excluding the sky). Is some strange lighting being used?
Maraz

I read more comments on the lightning. Maybe my screen settings are wrong or the years start to count for my eyes. As i don't see a greenish tint. Maybe I'm colorblind ? I will tweak the settings or take Spartanovka settings and see how it turns out.

Upvote 0
Yep the map was on the TDP server but we noticed some weird behaviour on the server while these things won't happen when i played it local.
Seems BOH - Rekrut have the same problems on his map.
These problems need to be solved. Testing local all works fine.

I read more comments on the lightning. Maybe my screen settings are wrong or the years start to count for my eyes. As i don't see a greenish tint. Maybe I'm colorblind ? I will tweak the settings or take Spartanovka settings and see how it turns out.
Could you upload the player files then? Then people can try it with some bots and explore the map and server admins won't be able to upload it and get the custom map problems. After seeing the screens and the map being on some server (which means it should be playable :)) I'm dying to get a go on this map.

Upvote 0