• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
The dynamic battle chatter and details of the squad system should probably be added:

Yes what you heard there was from a build that didn't have all the new voices implemented. We've really gone all out on the battle chatter system for RO2. We recorded 12 actors in total with 566 lines per character, everything they say is totally dynamic to what's happening in the battle, We even made character bios and traits for the different characters so they all react and say different things depending on the situation. We worked with PCB Productions and some very talented actors! It was a great honor to work with these guys!

[url]http://www.pcbproductions.com/HTMLfiles/STUDIOS/studios.html[/URL]
1. a. Squads in game reflect real-world organisation - so usually 8-10 people, broken up into "fireteams". Depending on mission, can be rifle team, assault team, MG team. You may see a separate sniper team, to reflect that snipers were not usually part of the squad makeup.
1. b. As the number of players increases, so new squads will open up.
2. The squads are set up by map, so the LD can mess around with the composition of the force, to suit the map. So, one squad can be rifle-heavy, one can be assault-heavy.

Maj.Faux-Pas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
Portland, OR
I'm drooling over the maps... great job on atmosphere! They look like the real thing, of course. All those burned out cabins with only chimneys left... it's perfect. Can't wait!

Reactions: aD.Luoson

Vlad_Martnov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 29, 2011
Canada
In the Co-op campaign how many friends will be able to play with me ?
I heard a total of 8 players in the Co-op campaign... am I wrong ?

ItsJono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 8, 2009
Quick question:

One of the things that really got me hyped for Heroes of Stalingrad was the rumor or inclusion of a German Campaign which was controversial.

Does that still exist or has that been scrapped?

Thanks!

MeFirst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
Germany
There is a german campaign but dont expect it to be something like call of duty etc. It is basically just playing with bots, against bots on the maps. So its more like training for the mp.

Richard_B.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Germany
How will they be rarely if you can get them by pre ordering the game? Thousands and thousands will have this weapon. :/
And? Class loadout depends on the map, not solely on the unlocked weapons. If it is a hero weapon AND there is only one hero on a map, you will see 1 at max.

Actin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Netherlands
How will they be rarely if you can get them by pre ordering the game? Thousands and thousands will have this weapon. :/
Just an addition of the post above.
Unlocked does not mean available!

There is one hero per team and ONLY them can use the Mkb42 and AVT40. So although you unlock those, you may only use them once a weak when you are finally a hero on a server.

ps We don't know the requirements for you to be a hero on a server, so don't ask:p

Scrappa

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2011
England
Quick question:

One of the things that really got me hyped for Heroes of Stalingrad was the rumor or inclusion of a German Campaign which was controversial.

Does that still exist or has that been scrapped?

Thanks!
Yes of course German campaign still is in the game :D

Hypno Toad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 18, 2008
Standing behind you
May have been asked before, but will there be up-armored versions of the existing tanks?

Two tanks is pretty measly (understandably given the detail), but I can't imagine it'd be too much work to make a few variations that have applique armor or welded homogeneous plating.

Last edited: