• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

happy canada day!
Spoiler!

caffeine crystal:
Spoiler!

pizza delivery back then:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
For those of you who live in 1st world conditions, lol and who are wondering what's happening there: emptying the water into the bowl messes with the temperature of the water from the shower...

I had no idea, but this is how it was explained to me.

As we in europe tend to have a single cold fresh water supply per bathroom and a boiler with very hot water in it. Shower temperatures are kept at a comfortable level by mixing the fresh water with hot water from the boiler.
Now if you flush the toilet in the same bathroom as the shower, the tank is filled with fresh water, thus leaving less fresh water to be mixed with the hot water, resulting in OMG TEH HOT!

Upvote 0
Of all the different houses/apartments I've lived in, I've only experienced this happening at one of them. Water heaters only have so big of a tank and for whatever reason, besides being small, the water heater at this particular place (no longer living there) was extra inefficient, so whenever someone turned on a faucet or flushed a toilet elsewhere in the house, the shower water would instantly go ICE COLD. Next thing you know you're hugging the wall on the edge of the shower trying to avoid the stream, soap running into your eyes, shouting at whoever is having fun with you.. :rolleyes::D

Upvote 0
Of all the different houses/apartments I've lived in, I've only experienced this happening at one of them. Water heaters only have so big of a tank and for whatever reason, besides being small, the water heater at this particular place (no longer living there) was extra inefficient, so whenever someone turned on a faucet or flushed a toilet elsewhere in the house, the shower water would instantly go ICE COLD. Next thing you know you're hugging the wall on the edge of the shower trying to avoid the stream, soap running into your eyes, shouting at whoever is having fun with you.. :rolleyes::D

Its even worse when a washing machine is running. Because if you don't walk out of the shower to yell at someone, you will have to wait 30~min for your water to be nice again. ;)

Upvote 0