• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 The most urgent and needed ideeas to improve the Red Orchestra

cUu3y-5XZNE.jpg

Upvote 0
I make this thread, to adress which are the most needed improvements to the game, in the section of ideeas and suggestions, what do you guys think, I want to hear your opinions.

None, unless you count more theaters (It'd be great, but I doubt TWI would do it.) and more access to modders, ie support from TWI, etc.
Also it's "address" not adress, seems like you missed a space between the words "a" and "dress". Almost thought for a second you meant a literal dress. Are we going to actually dress these improvements? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI came in the night, stole into my house and read my brain! Of course, it was the night of a full moon and I foolishly forgot my tinfoil hat, but the end result is that it is the EXACT game I've always wanted. Can't get out of your tank? Pfft, that's the way I wanted it. Mwhaaahaa! Puny tank players, live your entire lives out inside the beautifully modeled tin cans of death! Mwhaaaahaaaahaaaaaa!

It's Perfect!

Upvote 0
TWI may've intended for tank crew members to exit the tank. They use the same skeleton for starters though that could've been done for multiple reasons.

But they also have their own entire gore meshes. A fully rigged ultra gore mesh (all limbs and head blown off nothing but a sack of meat) as well as all arms and legs fully textures each with their own physics asset. They are only missing the Gib files though they are easy to make. Hell TWI might've made gib files for each mesh but simply didn't out them into the development folder for us to modify.

So you can absolutely have people dressed like tank crew members running around fighting.

But for gameplay reasons getting out of a destroyed tank isn't necessarily a good idea. For immersion maybe. But if your tank got screwed and you could simply get out then your team wouldn't have a tank for ages. As the guy who picked the tank role is running around with an MP40. It would be a waste of the tank role. And I think TWI considered that. Immersion vs gameplay. More people would be raging at people wh picked tank if they got out to shoot people. Even if their tank was disabled. Could be a whole 5 minutes before your team gets a tank again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is actually code in game already for exiting tanks. But if you activate that code and fix it up a bit so it works when you exit a tank you get out, can't do anything and your tank immediatly detonates. You can only move around at walking pace. That's it.

Note this was also an offline test. Who knows how it would play out on a server.

Upvote 0