• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 The cycle after every update

9f631716d1e2fb18026b486673f12769.jpg

OK, looking at this screenshot. It could say a couple of things.

- Could be Axis team stacking.
- Could be many new players and attacking is harder thus the result with lower scores on the attacking side.
- If any of those players are "veterans" and just stacking the easier side, its probably a result of the pointless and annoying perk/leveling system that attracts a general lower denominator (COD'ish) type player.
- I don't recognize any of those names here on the forum, although I'm sure some players have different names in game than here. That said I'd best most of the players the OP is complaining about don't even bother to visit the forums and post, so coming on here and complaining to us more level headed veterans who probably don't do the behavior he is accusing us of is quite pointless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I can say is that since the update (and every update/free weekend) if you play as allies on an attacking map (bridges, kessel, commisar, pavlov, etc.) you can expect to have a hell of a lot harder time trying to win.

Why this is...everyone has differing opinions.

Also, you can expect to see lots of mg vets testing out their new mg42's on inexperienced players. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I think the problem is that the new people who come expect to see a COD.
They want to run around the map doing Rambo and kill other players every 10 seconds (like COD). But start a RO2 game, run like headless chickens and they get killed from 150-200 meters with no idea where is the guy who shot them, get frustrated and stop playing.
This game is not for everyone and will never be a game for masses like LoL or COD. You ought to understand this.

This above, I agree 100 %.

Upvote 0
This above, I agree 100 %.

When I first started out, this is exactly what happens. Some veteran players have absolutely no shame, will frequently team stack, causing newcomers to be pushed into games that are not going to be fun.

Have you tried Bridges, Red October Factory, or Commissar's House against a stacked team with rookies? It isn't fun for anyone.

The community gets the player base it deserves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the OP 1000%. This community sucks and has generally no sense of fair play. The Axis stacking is ridiculous in RO2:HoS. The community should be ashamed. It's hardly possible to get a decent fair game as Allies.

Of course the new players quit if they are forced to play Allies and get raped by Axis veterans. It's even like this even when there is not a sale on!

This is why I pushed for TWI to make the maps more balanced to help player retention. Hardly anyone agreed there was an issue or with my main point that it would help player retention. My evidence based hypothesis is most of the new players who join on free weekends stop playing because they are forced to attack difficult maps (because of the stack), die too frequently, get bored, and stop.

Check my thread out here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=101251

Also, making the MG42 Axis only was the stupidest possible way to compound the Axis stacking problem. Seriously, it's like TWI don't even play HoS or know what it's like.

Upvote 0
Thats actually pretty good! A few months ago when it was still possible to join your desired team using a "certain" method, it was going something like this

0AOfxfF.jpg

Good times. It was a mistake to remove this feature tbh.

You honestly disgust me Rattler. Typical Axis-only player with no sense of fair play. The community would be better without you. People like you kill the game, as the OP said.

Upvote 0
You honestly disgust me Rattler. Typical Axis-only player with no sense of fair play. The community would be better without you. People like you kill the game, as the OP said.

Lol, good to hear. If you don't like how the game plays just go play something else. Otherwise stop crying and deal with it. People will stack as long as they can.

I am playing with the Axis only in every WW2 game since I played the first Medal of Honor. I am not going to change from now on ;)

Upvote 0
i absolutely agree with the OP. here is my newby experience, which im pretty sure common happened to many other people

first, game, gotta play allies because i want to be the good guys first.

die as soon as you walk out of spawn.
nazis mowing down the team left and right
got somewhere progressed? boom, atillery
constant mist, snow, gray and white, seeing enemies beyond 50 range is impossible before you train your eyes to recognize those tiny pixels.
see that in the kill feed that like 5 teammates die for every enemy
be constantly supressed and as soon as you take a peek you are daed
you have no idea where to, your teammates don't know as well because all the vetarns are on the nazi team.
it all boiled down into a campfest of the entire team just shooting out of the spawn untill the match is over.

join red october factory - repeat the same process.

join pavlov's house - repeat the same process.

join winterwald, repeat same process only now russians are stacked and you are not on their team.

i thought this is the worst FPS i ever played, swore to never touch it again,
and no, this had nothing to do with CoD, i came with the mindset that this is a tactical slow paced shooter that i need to move carefully from cover to cover, didn't help at all.
but gave it a second chance when rising storm came out.

and THEN i started loving the game. the maps were smaller and easier to learn, everything was brighter and telling friend for foe apart was way easier. no need to run 200 meters to the objective and most importantly NO TEAM STACKING.

something MUST be done if TWI wants to attact new players.

my suggestions

make special servers for newbies that do not allow level 50+ to enter them.

implement a team scramble feature, to make sure that there is an equal amount of veterans on both teams.

change sides between rounds.

to emphasize the problem and why my suggestions are so badly needed: here is a representation of everything that is wrong with this this goddamned community:
Lol, good to hear. If you don't like how the game plays just go play something else. Otherwise stop crying and deal with it. People will stack as long as they can.

I am playing with the Axis only in every WW2 game since I played the first Medal of Honor. I am not going to change from now on ;)

the only people that scrambling and team balancing will do is harm disgusting team stackers like the guy above me

but i doubt TWI will do anything about this, if nothing was done in the past 3 years, why would something be done now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These so called "special" servers for newbies are already implemented in the game. There's a honor limit but nobody is using it because high honor doesn't exactly mean better player.

But judging by your explanation it seems your problem is bad tactic and not stacking. Like 90% of the time actually. Most of the time its bad tactics, its not the maps, or the stacking or the weapons.
On Commisar's house why your SLs didn't used smoke on the front? And I mean not just one smoke but 4 or 5 to confuse the enemies. One smoke basically means "shoot here". Its like a giant sign pointing us where to shoot. Also where's your arty? Why your marksman is not taking out the enemy machine gunners I bet you rushed the right side near D - thats death trap because there's ALWAYS at least 1 machine gunner in the building. Go left instead, behind the water silo or whatever it is. The MG still can see you but its way further and instruct your tank crew to keep an eye on that building on D where the machine gun nest is. If your tank constantly pounds the building you can make it near impossible for the machine gunners to cut your route.

So once again it comes down to bad tactics by SL/TL. And the community is nice. I've met great people - awesome SLs, tank guys, machine gunners, etc. All type of players that were awesome. I have about 100 hours in BF3 and never met even one guy that follows tactic or teamplay like any of those guys that I've seen in RO2. Just because some people prefer to play as one team this doesn't make them instantly. They have different reasons to play as that said team you know - they prefer the weapons, the uniforms, political reasons, the voice set, etc. You can't blame them. I have some friends who always play in the allies team because they can't stand the voice acting of the axis team (both english and native), go figure.. People have different opinions and likings. You can't make everybody to pick "Auto-Select" unless you remove the other options ;)

Upvote 0
These so called "special" servers for newbies are already implemented in the game. There's a honor limit but nobody is using it because high honor doesn't exactly mean better player.

But judging by your explanation it seems your problem is bad tactic and not stacking. Like 90% of the time actually. Most of the time its bad tactics, its not the maps, or the stacking or the weapons.
On Commisar's house why your SLs didn't used smoke on the front? And I mean not just one smoke but 4 or 5 to confuse the enemies. One smoke basically means "shoot here". Its like a giant sign pointing us where to shoot. Also where's your arty? Why your marksman is not taking out the enemy machine gunners I bet you rushed the right side near D - thats death trap because there's ALWAYS at least 1 machine gunner in the building. Go left instead, behind the water silo or whatever it is. The MG still can see you but its way further and instruct your tank crew to keep an eye on that building on D where the machine gun nest is. If your tank constantly pounds the building you can make it near impossible for the machine gunners to cut your route.

So once again it comes down to bad tactics by SL/TL. And the community is nice. I've met great people - awesome SLs, tank guys, machine gunners, etc. All type of players that were awesome. I have about 100 hours in BF3 and never met even one guy that follows tactic or teamplay like any of those guys that I've seen in RO2. Just because some people prefer to play as one team this doesn't make them instantly. They have different reasons to play as that said team you know - they prefer the weapons, the uniforms, political reasons, the voice set, etc. You can't blame them. I have some friends who always play in the allies team because they can't stand the voice acting of the axis team (both english and native), go figure.. People have different opinions and likings. You can't make everybody to pick "Auto-Select" unless you remove the other options ;)

I could not resist agreeing here, it is not fair blaming the "Team-Stacking". There are more factors like poor support for the new ones, meat grinder maps, accurate weapons who easily kill you up to 200 meters (realism....), low communication between SLs and the TL and less to none sense for tactics (charge down the middle, "the bark is worse than the bite" !!!) and sometimes when playing against a team which as a high level of members of one clan.

All of these may create a high potential of frustration and the feeling the game is unbalanced and unfair, which i would not deny either.

Upvote 0
Don't forget the removing of the increases in stats to soldiers, that give them less suppression, faster reload and silly things like that (because your soldier that dies several times every game has now understood the way of war).

Man the game was deadly on release. Disregarding the already prevalent run and gun that was possible, outside of that it was awesome being able to suppress or be suppressed just by rifle fire. And the machineguns felt like they had a longer time effect. Right now you are only suppressed as you are getting shot at and if you don't kill the enemy with the salvo, expect immediate accurate retaliation fire. Because shaking someone through automatic or sustained weapons fire is barely noticeable anymore, except for when it is happening.

I would very much like to see more weapons and less silly upgrades like the MP40/2. While well done graphically, it just doesn't feel right in gameplay terms and I would like to have more variety rather than more vanity for existing equipment. Differences like ammo containers versus a belt for the MG34/42 would be awesome in game if they provided certain advantages and disadvantages other than ammo distribution.

Maybe the limitation of just being up to Stalingrad has limited the variety a bit too much.

Upvote 0
I honestly want to know where you guys are playing. Granted, I generally limit myself to Campaign mode, but I played about 10 maps this weekend and Allies won 8 of them.

I would like to know also. What are these servers and are you complaining about it on their forums? (not you Coridon)

I'm not suggesting that what the OP says isn't happening, but why oh why if it is, are these people still playing on those servers where they seem to encounter so much trouble.

If as a player you are seeing this behavior on certain servers, and you keep going back to those same servers to play, Its partly your fault.

If I am playing on a certain server and I don't like the players or the admin or the server settings, and I keep going back there to play and then come on here and complain about it, then it would be my fault and no one else.

Upvote 0
When I first started out, this is exactly what happens. Some veteran players have absolutely no shame, will frequently team stack, causing newcomers to be pushed into games that are not going to be fun.

Have you tried Bridges, Red October Factory, or Commissar's House against a stacked team with rookies? It isn't fun for anyone.

The community gets the player base it deserves.

Yes I have tried to play against stacked team(s) with rookies many times, its just more challenging and less fun. After a map changes, I just swap teams :D. I regret nothing.

But keep in mind that everyone is a rookie once, I mean that this game has much bigger learning curve than any other FPS, atleast I think so.

So play more and get better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The best players on the Allied team may have left by the time you took that screenshot. It's not uncommon for people to leave right after the match is over.

It could also be that the best players on the Allied team were kicked from too many TKs too. Last night my team went through 3 different commanders because of idiots running into the artillery. Unfortunately, the TK system just punishes the best players. You could have gotten 300 kills in that match, but once you go over that certain threshold, you're kicked. All it takes is a couple of idiots running into your line of fire or your artillery.

Upvote 0

Actually the only one crying is you crying about them removing a feature which created this massive team unbalance.

You are the only one make the ridiculous claim that it should never have been removed, and the the result was not at least a marginal improvement against teamstacking. It has not caused "everyone to spectate until there is room on the team they prefer", it has actually caused players to join the team they would not automatically have done previously. After all, far from everyone is dogmatically attracted to one team only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i absolutely agree with the OP. here is my newby experience, which im pretty sure common happened to many other people

first, game, gotta play allies because i want to be the good guys first.

die as soon as you walk out of spawn.
nazis mowing down the team left and right
got somewhere progressed? boom, atillery
constant mist, snow, gray and white, seeing enemies beyond 50 range is impossible before you train your eyes to recognize those tiny pixels.
see that in the kill feed that like 5 teammates die for every enemy
be constantly supressed and as soon as you take a peek you are daed
you have no idea where to, your teammates don't know as well because all the vetarns are on the nazi team.
it all boiled down into a campfest of the entire team just shooting out of the spawn untill the match is over.

join red october factory - repeat the same process.

join pavlov's house - repeat the same process.

join winterwald, repeat same process only now russians are stacked and you are not on their team.

i thought this is the worst FPS i ever played, swore to never touch it again,
and no, this had nothing to do with CoD, i came with the mindset that this is a tactical slow paced shooter that i need to move carefully from cover to cover, didn't help at all.
but gave it a second chance when rising storm came out.

and THEN i started loving the game. the maps were smaller and easier to learn, everything was brighter and telling friend for foe apart was way easier. no need to run 200 meters to the objective and most importantly NO TEAM STACKING.

something MUST be done if TWI wants to attact new players.

my suggestions

make special servers for newbies that do not allow level 50+ to enter them.

implement a team scramble feature, to make sure that there is an equal amount of veterans on both teams.

change sides between rounds.

to emphasize the problem and why my suggestions are so badly needed: here is a representation of everything that is wrong with this this goddamned community:

the only people that scrambling and team balancing will do is harm disgusting team stackers like the guy above me

but i doubt TWI will do anything about this, if nothing was done in the past 3 years, why would something be done now?

Jolly Jew thank you for posting this. You are right on the money for the typical newbie experience. Only most people don't give a game a second chance. These issues are mostly easy to fix yet TWI does nothing. Shocking really.

Fixing the maps would go a long way. As would preventing team imbalances greater than 1 player. I frequently see the Axis team maxed out with the server limit difference which is more than 1 for no valid reason.

Unfortunately, there are too many like Rattler in this community so the game needs to be designed to negate their influence.

I mean this guy is so out of touch: the tactics are bad because all of the damn veterans are on Axis side!

Not setting an experience limit for key roles like TL/SL/Tank also really hurts the Allies. One noob in these roles against a team of Axis veterans and the side has no chance. Setting an experience limit, suggested many times, is the most blindingly obvious solution.

Better map objective implementation would also help a lot.

The best players on the Allied team may have left by the time you took that screenshot. It's not uncommon for people to leave right after the match is over.

It could also be that the best players on the Allied team were kicked from too many TKs too. Last night my team went through 3 different commanders because of idiots running into the artillery. Unfortunately, the TK system just punishes the best players. You could have gotten 300 kills in that match, but once you go over that certain threshold, you're kicked. All it takes is a couple of idiots running into your line of fire or your artillery.

That looks like a perfectly normal score for Red October Factory. There is obviously a problem with that. Half the players on that server had no fun for 40 minutes. What do you think they are going to do? Keep playing or quit? They'll quit and that's bad for the community.

I would like to know also. What are these servers and are you complaining about it on their forums? (not you Coridon)

When I was in Europe about 1.5 years ago I used to play on the 40-1 server and the big German one that I forget the name of (it's down now). Axis won all the time on the German server and most of the time on 40-1.

When I was in Scandinavia I played on some Russian servers. The games seemed fairer. However, the Germans also won frequently because of Axis biased map design.

Now I'm in the USA and I played on the 2nd Fjgr where the Axis stacking is ridiculous. I was banned from there for complaining about it.

I also play on the TWB and WaW campaign servers where the Axis mostly win. I also like the RD campaign server it's not too bad but again the Axis mostly win.

Now I must point out that it didn't take me very long to learn RO2 and I was regularly dominating the scoreboard on the Allies side with the most kills or doing a good job as tank/TL/SL. So there is no negative correlation here. If I'm on the server the Allies have a chance of winning. If I'm not on the server it is probably much harder. This is not arrogance, it's a fact that I regularly get accused of cheating.

However, when I play on the Axis side I get disgusted with how easy it is and how different it is from playing on Allies. The Axis is generally stacked with veterans who know what to do and communicate with voice chat. The maps are also generally easier for Axis. So I get bored with how easy it is.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who says the game is balanced or there is not a problem is clearly not playing as Allies. It's just obvious.

Upvote 0