• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Crusade against the Horde

Add more recoil too semi/auto weapons.
Less recoil for mg34 and the dp 28 if I am correct ?

It sucks when playing and MG class, getting picked off by some smg across the map.

Better put a BIpot under the mp 40 and belt feed it :p
No seriouly I saw in the server setting (webadmin) there is a way too limit weapons.
Still need to figure it out tho.

Upvote 0
I prefer the G41 or SVT40. Last night I had no trouble downing the charging MKB'rs :IS2:
They die just as easily as everyone else. The problem that I'm having is that I'll kill one, and before I even cycle my bolt another will spot me, take aim, and fire from any range to gun me down. I'll kill 3-4 of them in the span of a few seconds carrying MKBs, and a 5th one will appear on my flanks and gun me down. They're everywhere.

Upvote 0
They die just as easily as everyone else. The problem that I'm having is that I'll kill one, and before I even cycle my bolt another will spot me, take aim, and fire from any range to gun me down. I'll kill 3-4 of them in the span of a few seconds carrying MKBs, and a 5th one will appear on my flanks and gun me down. They're everywhere.

Yeah it's just the initial chaos to be expected from something new that works so well. The devs will be on top of things in no time.

All this drama just detracts from the glorious gameplay for me ;)

My main gripe being that auto/semi auto users like myself put up with insane recoil ( nerfed weapons ) on our smg's e.t.c all through RO1 and the bolt squad couldn't manage 24 hours in RO2 without resorting to childish crusades.

Very telling indeed :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't mind joining a group that uses bolt only, but I'm not going to do it just to get the auto guys, but rather as a pretense to trying to be historically accurate. I have to admit I only played a couple of hours after the patch before saying a few choice words and shutting down because I got tired of getting my face shot off after leaving the spawn by 20 feet. Apartments and Barracks were the worst, I suppose because they're such close quarters. I really look forward to big tank/infantry maps coming out in the next few months, where 200-300m shots will be typical, not 100.

Upvote 0
As a proud owner of a Mosin nagant and Nagant revolver, i sign this!

Theta123 - how do you like your Mosin? I'm probably going to pick one up sometime soon as they're pretty darn cheap and looks like they're going to get harder and harder to get as it looks like the stocks are starting to dwindle. The only downside seems to be the price of the ammo, and the fact that it's not the cleanest powder.

Do you know if there's any ammo out there with brass that can be reloaded?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am currently still waiting for my DVD version to arrive, but I think I'll be joining your crusade when I start playing. I don't really care if there's like 3 guys walking around with a semi automatic but from what I've heard it's quite worse then that. I'll see what I can do when I start playing.
I think I will prefer the bolts though. Nothing more satisfying then the *cluck cluck* sound after a headshot :D.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't read this whole thread, but I dont see the MP40 mentioned. Aren't we allowed to use that gun as well or can we just use it (since I think it's a pretty common gun).

Upvote 0
I'm in. I pruchased the DDE so I could play the Beta, not play the MKB42 and AVT. Yeah, I noticed I have the option of those weapons, but I'll stick the basic weapons that were normally used in Stalingrad.

I played last night on the Russian side, and while several Germans were running about with the '42, they were just as easy to kill as usual. :)

Upvote 0
Today, on a server where only one other person had a rifle, I joined the fight against the horde, and swore to show that skill triumphed over superior weapons.

Over the course of two rounds, I led kills by a factor of 2. The first round I used bolt action only, scoring 55 kills.

The second round however, I used the nagant revolver. I scored 32 kills SOLELY with the revolver, fighting against mkb42s.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992842646/screenshot/542905319898351156?

It just goes to show, anyone with a little sense can beat a spray and pray gun. I am in no way particularly skilled, but these guys were an easy match... with the revolver.

Upvote 0
I'd join, but to be honest, after seeing the weapon (along with all the MP40's) turn the game into a poor man's Call of Duty, I don't feel much like playing it anymore. I don't want you guys to bayonet me for going AWOL. :p
Same here, I played a few rounds but...I think I'll stick to some other games for now until it's sorted out. I hope in a few months time things will be fun.

Upvote 0