• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The community is one of the worst I've seen.....

PS: People pissed me off all the time and doing stupid stuff or rambo. But I never locked someone out on purpose to leave him to die. Especially if they didn't do anything wrong.

I have, not gonna lie. Once my friend and I welded out this screechy foul-mouthed 11 year old (really, he was 11) and listened to him lose his **** when he got eaten. Hilarious.

Upvote 0
I have, not gonna lie. Once my friend and I welded out this screechy foul-mouthed 11 year old (really, he was 11) and listened to him lose his **** when he got eaten. Hilarious.

Oh yeah....I remember this one time I was playing public on KF-Doom2 on Beg FP mode. This 13 or something German kid comes in and starts spamming "can i have money" So me and the others get kind of pissed off, after having told him to shut up multiple times.

On wave 3 or something, we get to the trader in the blue room. He changes to demo lvl 1 and starts buying pipes. I change to lvl 6 support and start welding the door after he gets out to lay down pipes. He tries to nade the door open. With single throws.

That was a fun game.

Upvote 0
After 2 days of playing and since the community isn't really big on hard europe servers you learn a lot of names that you want to avoid playing with.

Why the **** do people play online with lvl 6 perks and then solo? Seriously? Go play sandbox if you want more enemies per spawn ffs.

I know TWI cannot eliminate soloing even if they nerfed the T4 weapons to the ground. But why they haven't made it so you get much more money for surviving rather than killing is beyond me.

Can anyone name a different "co op" game that encourages soloing so much? I sure can't.

PS: And yes dear MR. Redneck I am whining now hush

Upvote 0
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. A lot of arguing here.

Well, back to the topic. I have found the community in KF is pretty good. Of course there is the occasional beginner stopping at the trader door and blocking everyone because he opens the trader dialog in the doorway because he doesn't understand the others can't get past him, and the occasional person messing about with welder, but other than that, I haven't really had any problems. Or have I just been lucky? :p

I consider myself a teamplayer. I usually look which perks are playing and choose mine accordingly. I kind of like playing my medic these days, as it is often absent. My medic is lvl 5, so I would spawn with body armour, but if there is a player playing a demolitions or commando perk below lvl 5 in the game, I will spawn as demolitions (lvl 6) or commando (lvl6) and throw my starting weapon to him and switch back to medic when I can. Because I don't really care if I die in the first wave or not. But at least I have managed to kit another player out. I will spawn with a body armour and still can afford my MP7 anyway. If the player I kitted out throws me some coin so I can get a backup weapon it would be great, but not expected. I usually ask for some money if I need some, but only once.

And about welding people out by accident... It can happen, remember your player indicator does not show very far away, so people can forget about you being there. Personally, if I notice I have welded someone out I will do my best to get the door open before they get eaten because that will be one less teammate to save my sorry a**e when the specimens get too close for comfort.

I usually don't look at the kill counter because it is not the reason why I play the game. As a medic I usually check player statuses so I know if someone needs healing.

Arguing about strategy in community related thread is a bit irrelevant. Sadly it usually tends to escalate into an argument, which shows the darker side of the community as people argue about best tactic and call people using the "wrong" one idiots. This will only reveal their own arrogance and elitist attitude towards other players.

Upvote 0
Well like stated many times in this thread there are always some ppl who want to break the game or try to take your fun away- I think its best to just keep on smiling, sure that only works if you can have fun even if you dont win.

For instance someone goes Rambo and on top of that he is a medic.
Now you can:

A) Rage on him because he leaves the team behind (wich in most cases wont affect Mr. Rambo).

B) Smile because he will die most likely leaving you more stuff to kill (in my opinion that is a good thing because I am happy about every sepcimen-head I can shoot) and If he survives you and the rest of your team can take it a bit easier (every specimen attacking him cant attack you).

You can choose the Smile way In nearly every situation someone tries to break your game. Trader door blocking sadly isnt affected by this rule.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait what? I was talking about the specimens, not the solo dudes. In my experience, it's always been a siren that appears out of nowhere and I can't locate her among the massive cluster****s of clots and then proceeds to ear-rape me.

Or it's been a bloat that I never see coming in from behind me when I play every class but zerker and medic (who both have resistance to bloat bile) and I turn around and it's like, "o hai dere *BLAAAAARRRGHHHHHHH*"

Or it's a husk that shoots with godlike precision onto the one spot that will injure two or more people with the explosion and with the burn. Neither of which happen to be firebugs.

Well yer cant ask specimens to be nice to you can you? (even if it would be some kind of funny to go shopping with an FP). And if there is one guy going solo or not makes no different in these scenarios.

Upvote 0