• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The community is one of the worst I've seen.....

Moratinur

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
.......in a "coop" game. Blocking traders (it still happens on custom maps), soloing so they get the most kills, not healing, voice chat has to be turned off because there are just so many asshats spamming stupid nonsense over it, killing clots that are on fire and 100 meters away, you join wave 9 and nobody gives money (and everyone has 150 kills+).

I also avoid servers where people from one clan play, most of the time they are just a pain to play with. I once had a situation where a clan member gave me money and then the other 2 clan members started screaming and bossing him that their rule is not to give money to other people that are not from the clan.

Also a nice thing is when you hold a position and then turn around just to notice that everyone left. When you ask why they left then they tell you (if they say anything at all) that they don't want to be around noobs and just get as many kills as possible.

Yesterday I joined a server and as soon as I said "hi" I was insulted and ordered to leave the server immediatly because they wanted to level support...............wtf?

I mean, when I compare the community to L4D, then the L4D has a much better community. Ok you get the occasional teamkiller but most of the time people help each other out. The reason is the design of the game, KFs biggest flaw is that you get the most money for killing rather than surviving and helping your team.

Just play on mature servers and learn to so badly insult people that they will leave in a fit of rage/depression.

I know I've learned that.

ANYWAY; Clearly you have not seen the worst of Left 4 Dead's trolls/grievers.

Turning the kill system into a "money based on damage" would be better. Who agrees?

We could also get more money for healing each other.

But honestly, we can decrease the rambo factor, but it will never go away.

Upvote 0
.......in a "coop" game. Blocking traders (it still happens on custom maps), soloing so they get the most kills, not healing, voice chat has to be turned off because there are just so many asshats spamming stupid nonsense over it, killing clots that are on fire and 100 meters away, you join wave 9 and nobody gives money (and everyone has 150 kills+).
I also avoid servers where people from one clan play, most of the time they are just a pain to play with. I once had a situation where a clan member gave me money and then the other 2 clan members started screaming and bossing him that their rule is not to give money to other people that are not from the clan.
Also a nice thing is when you hold a position and then turn around just to notice that everyone left. When you ask why they left then they tell you (if they say anything at all) that they don't want to be around noobs and just get as many kills as possible.
Yesterday I joined a server and as soon as I said "hi" I was insulted and ordered to leave the server immediatly because they wanted to level support...............wtf?
I mean, when I compare the community to L4D, then the L4D has a much better community. Ok you get the occasional teamkiller but most of the time people help each other out. The reason is the design of the game, KFs biggest flaw is that you get the most money for killing rather than surviving and helping your team.

When I played L4D everyone was douchebags there too. And for the most part people would ignore me getting pinned by something, or they wouldn't lemme out of the rooms when I respawned. L4D blows IMO.

But you are right, there sure are some assholes on this game. Just practice a lot, then out rambo them. Or just keep trying to add cool people to your friends list. You can add me if you like.

Steam - xdeadmikex

Upvote 0
I'm going to take this oppurtunity to advertise my server once more. Check the sig :)

FaTaL clan consists of 3 people... and only I play KF anymore. I'm a consumate money lender myself :) Kick Voting is enabled to coomunity kick the asshats, of which we get very few (no Anti block cause it causes bugs to develop for me and a few other people.). All standard maps as is... still testing to se if I can get achievements working, but there aren't any mutators which is good for a "Pure" game :)

Upvote 0
I mean, when I compare the community to L4D, then the L4D has a much better community.
  • i agree that people can sometimes be annoying little twats in KF.
  • i agree that the antiblocking mutator should be standard on all servers and permantly added in the game to avoid trader issues.
  • i agree that the scoring system should be improved
however, your comparision is far from valid and borderline absurd. :rolleyes:

i've found that the large majority of the KF community are great people. i guess you've just had some bad luck getting a server with idiots because i rarely ever seem to have a problem pubbing. then again i am almost always playing with at least 1 or 2 clanmates or other friends. the trick is to find good people to play with and tbh the RO and KF communities are some of the best i've ever seen.

if you ever need some people to play with, add me as a friend on steam and i'd be happy to get some guys together fill up a 6man for a good time. ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies!

however, your comparision is far from valid and borderline absurd.

Maybe so, but that is/was my experience with L4D campaign. I can remember only a few games where people would grief.
Even in L4D2 people were mostly ok.
Of course the best experience in any online game is when you play with friends and people you know.

And btw, I never understood why people belittle newbies. I rather play with newbs and die in wave 3 than play with lvl 6 douchebags and win against the patriarch.

PS: I know versus is horrible and in my opinion it should never have been implemented. But what would a valve game be without some form of way to pwn noobs and enlarge your epeen.

Upvote 0
I've never really seen any players this bad in my 270 hours of playtime, people always heal me and give me money if I need it when they can spare, and I do the same.. If people run away then just follow them, if they scream then ignore it, if you get votekicked/banned find a new server, simple as that. I honestly love the KF community, especially on 32 player servers where it's all just fun and games <3

Upvote 0
Maybe so, but that is/was my experience with L4D campaign. I can remember only a few games where people would grief.
Even in L4D2 people were mostly ok.

And btw, I never understood why people belittle newbies. I rather play with newbs and die in wave 3 than play with lvl 6 douchebags and win against the patriarch.
Campaign is fun for awhile but the ai can only go so far. That's why it's fun to play versus mode. It's the same reason it is more interesting to play chess against another person rather than a machine. It was very good for some time but the dependence of teammates on each other caused a hatred of noobs. KF is the other way around, so you would think it would be better but your still playing with the same subset of people. I do disagree with one point though. I generally find people with mics to be nicer, perhaps because there is a lower sense of anonymity so people act more civil.

Upvote 0
Rules of this forum: :rolleyes:
#3: Don't say that you like to powerlevel!

I love to powerlevel. WAT NOW

As for the community, sometimes you get lucky and join a server with people effectively communicating and working as a team.

Other times you find people who trader-block and try to trap you behind welded doors. Only solution is to rage and hurl a grenade or two at door and then go knife whoever welded it until you both die.

Upvote 0
I thoroughly enjoy probably 50% of the matches I play in. The other 50% is split between horrible experiences 10% and just average about 40%. And I think if you're describing a portion of players that act like idiots as "the community" that's the wrong approach. I can relate having played with some crappy people but that is not a whole for KF at all. The developers continue to give us new content (I won't argue with anyone on if it's enough, or fast enough). The modders provide tons of cool features and maps, and most of the people I play with are decent ppl. I would suggest doing what was mentioned already and that's to add servers you had a good time in to your favorites and try to stick with that for a while.

Upvote 0