• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Terminated." I keep getting this and kicked from serves when I join them.

Personally I think its exactly the way it should be done.
Steam would have far less people thinking its OK to cheat in one game but not another if the vac ban system put their whole account at risk.
Currently steam is not a very welcoming place for the vast majority on non-cheating clients because of all the cheating/hacking that has been allowed to pretty much go unchecked across multiple game communities because the vac system does not globally ban.

These activities cost developers across steam many millions in lost revenue for time in repeated patches to combat hacks and in new clients simply not buying because of these problems or simply walking away from a franchise because of these issues.

Its about time a developer said no thanks not in our community and now that TWI have been the first to do this I would not be surprised to see a great many more developers follow suit.

Excellent post. Cheating online has been rampant for years. It frustrates honest players to the point they don't even want to play anymore. And then like you say people abandon franchises that are known cheatfests. I am not sure how many others would take the approach Tripwire took here. But I would guess most in the gaming community are happy to see this happen.

Upvote 0
Lol well. Steam isn't a country. Nor have any kind of laws in its power to convict me. I have not stood a trial. Nor have I seen any evidence ever proving that I have ever cheated. So why are you comparing anything to the United States.

Its A VIDEO GAME. If you take it anything past that you are a ****ing loser. Lol.. I have nother else to say. Point made. This isn't a ****ing house of government here. There is nothing to be held responsible for here and the way you said "in the united states" sounds like you don't even ****ing live here? So why the hell are you so occuiped on US LAW? Which has nothing to do with a video game and isn't taking anywhere near the serious of a video.

Any kind "CONSEQUENCES" can be avoided completely by just mailing new accounts and buying games again. But Im not doing that am I? Because theres nothing I have ever done wrong in RO2.

And your right. We all know you have stolen something at least once. And lied about it as well. Dont say you haven't liar. Because we all know you stole it thief. You see whats thats like? calling you something I have no physical proff of proving but just because you know.. I THINK SO. It is? You see your logic here? Grow up. Learn to make a point. And GTFO off my form post unless you can make a political correct statement without your **** comparisons

Upvote 0
So I have never cheated or hacked or done any thing that gives me an unfair advantage in a game. I have how ever used a third party FOV changer so I could get around the annoying headaches and sore eyes I was getting while playing Modern Warfare 2, this was seen by VAC as a hack\cheat\unfair advantage and therefor gave me a ban. Because of this I am now unable to play Red Orchestra 2? I think that is wrong.

I think this patch has taken things a little too far. If you want to bring something like this in, you have to do it right. For example, if people have had a clean VAC account for 3-5+ years then the player should be seen as any other player and be allowed to play in all servers.

If how ever you have been caught hacking or cheating or glitching or anything that gives you an unfair advantage within the last 3-5 years than yes I believe you shouldn't be allowed to play and that really is a fair consequence for your action of cheating.

But here I am regretting my purchase (and 100+ hours) because I wanted to play without putting up with a head ache.

I think this latest patch should be taken away, they should redo it the right way and then put it back in action, because it is a good idea it just hasn't been executed properly.

Upvote 0
3 years ago I had my 12 year old nephew over for a week as a guest. He loves playing video games and I had COD2 on my Steam account. He has just one problem, he's colour-blind. I thought it would be helpful to download a mod that gave me the possibility to change the colour of the game somewhat so he would be able to play COD2.
A week or so later I got banned by VAC and there was no way that I could explain to VAC what I did and why I did this. It absolutely didn't feel like cheating to me because I was thinking I was helping my nephew to play.
I got a reply that VAC was sorry for me but that there was no way to lift my ban. I understood it's considered cheating and I never bothered to get COD2 back on my computer.

Now I'm not able to play my beloved RS anymore.(344 hrs on record)
What strikes me is that it looks that I'm punished by Tripwire for modding a completely different game, which I think is very unfair.
So what now:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wat the

wat the

i think that you should only be banned if you hacked ON RO2 ...and in the last 2 to 3 years....and it was a legitamit hack,,,why would it make sense to ban someone who last hack was on a random game on steam almost ten years ago...and then what ...there just gonna randomly hack again on red orchestra ten years later??? that isnt an ideal thing to do...please change it cause i cant play on any servers...

Upvote 0
I was banned on Modern Warfare 2 nearly 4 years ago (1371 days to be exact) for setting up a private zombie server with my friends. I was 14 back then. I've never cheated in a multiplayer game in my entire life, but VAC decided to perma-ban me from MW2 for this, well tough, whatever.

I bought RO:OST and had an awesome time with it, so I decided to buy RO2 as soon as it came out. I have over 350 hours on RO2 and personally it's my favorite shooter of all time. I don't play games as often anymore but I still keep coming back to Red Orchestra. I've started unlocking hero ranks in many classes and was pretty excited to play it, until I started getting kicked off any servers with decent ping.

It's just sad that a loyal customer like me who has never cheated in his entire life can't play his favorite game anymore. Thought I was gonna have a chilling time with RO2 on a rainy day after all the exams, but apparently I won't.

Idk something needs to be done about it. I don't think that access to RO2 should be denied to those who genuinely never cheated, especially not in RO2.

Upvote 0
OK, This is a very emotive and hot topic with all sorts of posts/comments.

All this got me to thinking about the legal aspect of this and after a bit of research it would appear that under UK, European law and international trade agreements, this could be termed as "Unfair contract amendment"

I’m no legal expert and without going into all the details these are the bare bones of what I have drawn from it.

Although it’s made clear by Steam you could be banned by VAC if you cheat on games that are VAC secure, this is irrelevant.

If you bought a game that is not VAC secure and it is not made clear at the time of purchase that there is the intention to do so in the future but is then implemented later, this could be deemed as an "Unfair contract amendment".

Whilst the original advertising for the game etc would not have been deemed misleading this update has made the product unusable/restrictive for some clients.

Under international law and trade agreements (This includes the US), any amended clauses must be fair and agreed by both parties, the supplier is also duty bound to rectify any faults in the products supplied within a reasonable agreed time frame with the client. If the problems cannot be resolved then the contract is deemed void with goods etc being returned for full refund and possible compensation.

If this is the case then those who purchased the game who can now no longer play and under the terms of the law it would be deemed unfair and therefore have the right to claim a full refund.

The legal jargon in this takes some reading and interpreting and my interpretation could be totally wrong so if there are any legal experts out there that could shed some light on this it would be nice to know if I am correct or not?

I should add that this has nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of the VAC ban it’s purely the commercial aspect of it.

Just something else for us all to get our teeth into! LoL.

Upvote 0
I`m very sorry but this is their own stupid guilty. Steam also says, like we encountered in an other Thread a few Weeks ago, that you should make a new account if you`ve been VAC Banned. Most problem of these Kids today is that they ignore everything cause they are young and not grown up. I don`t know where the problem is. We pay for our Server and don`t want to play with cheaters cause they ruin everything they can. I know that not everybody is this kind of a black sheep.
But i think Tripwire has`nt something to do with that. They just coded the option into their Game. It`s the Admin choice. And i think there a lots of people who dislike to play with hackers who killing the fun playing a game. But wait: You can`t play this Game when Hackers crash the Servers right? You leave the Game when cheaters kill everybody on a Server right? Go on make a new Account and buy this Game again and show that you can make it better!!!

Upvote 0
Hey Dude come on. I want my Kills back you`ve got stolen me. So many points i lost cause you`ve got stolen it with cheats and hacks like a Bad Boy...i spent so many hours earning points, leveling up and becomming better and then you came and steal and were laughing about me how stupid i am. Give me my kills and my points back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Dude come on. I want my Kills back you`ve got stolen me. So many points i lost cause you`ve got stolen it with cheats and hacks like a Bad Boy...i spent so many hours earning points, leveling up and becomming better and then you came and steal and were laughing about me how stupid i am. Give me my kills and my points back.

What about people who never cheated in Red Orchestra? Or people who got VAC banned because they modded Call of Duty four years ago on a private server with their friends? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0