• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Hijacking

If I jump in a tank and the person tells me to GTFO of MY TANKZORZ then I simply stay put until he gets out or drives into a minefield. If he does the latter I then follow him constantly getting in every tank he gets in spamming "I love you" "lets never be apart again!". Very immature of me, but it gives me a few schoolgirlish giggles.

Upvote 0
ahhahahahahahhaha this reminds me of a while ago when we were playing with a kid who was .. hrmm .. 10 years old AT BEST, on ogledow. btw this kid, like all the underagers who have voip, talk an excessive lot, he told us where he was going, he told us who he killed, he told us what the weather was like yada yada yada (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz), and mostly we put up with it and told him to say less, at which point he would stop talking for at best .. 20 seconds. so anaways, one life of his, after he has had the panther tank alll to himself for the whole round, some other guy hops in his tank .. and from here it gets good.
kiddie"hey what are you doing in my tank"
kiddie"get out of my tank"
me"its not your tank man , just share it with the guy"
kiddie"NO ITS MY TANK"
kiddie"get the heck outa my tank b1tch"
kiddie"GET OUT OF MY TANK NOOOWWw!!!!111"
kiddie"OK THATS IT ASSWIPE IM GOING TO DRIVE THIS TANK OFF THE MAP IF YOU DONT GET OUT YOU F/***** B****"
so he proceeded to drive it off the map...

on a side note to the starter of this thread, i highly suggest the FKR tank server that rotates on orel, orel 88 vs 76 (regular and number 2) and arad SH(which is like an intermission map where everyone goes for food).
or the RTR tank server which rotates on orel bdj and arad, the downsides of this server are more noobies and its vote operated so because of those noobies its often going from arad to bdj and back again ... :( !!.

also i had somone on BDJ once get into my tiger tank and turn it around and refuse to get out of the drivers position so that i would die. (im guessing he was an extremely noobie russian tanker would couldent get over the fact that you cant kill a tiger on the frontal armor, and some evasive / tactics are needed to kill one).

look forward to seeing you on the tanking battlefield!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I believe the 'tank hopper syndrome' will be with us for some time; I've had many, many episodes of this happen to me as well.

Sometimes, a total stranger will jump on board while I'm adjusting my range and ammo (on a PzIII, for instance) and are completely surprised when I give the order to head for such-and-such a map area- but in many cases, they'll do it and be a good crewmember and we'll have a good run.

MOST OF THE TIME, though, it's a total nOOb who jumps in and just drives off- or just as bad grabs the turret and and starts having delusions of being Michael Wittmann reincarnated and snapping orders left and right. Usually the key for me is a ton of keypad commands- no voice- making no sense at all for the situation. That, or repeated wasting of ammo in the spawn area or on the approaches to the combat zone- nothing like advertising your approach to the enemy!. I can't tell how many times I've had to tell Michael Witless to Shape Up and Do Right, but I can probably say the amount of times that's had any effect has been...ummm...ZERO. nOOBs will be nOObs, no matter what game you play.

I'd like a dollar for every time this very same subject has been brought up in this forum...! Some things never seem to change, do they?

Upvote 0
I think only thing which is needed is 10 seconds delay when jumping in and out tanks, then players would think more when they jump inside tank. You would immediatly occupy position inside tank but cannot do anything in 10 seconds, maybe bailing out would take less time, but these values need to be realistic. So there would be time to order commands to noobs and chat a bit before tank is moving anywhere, you have some time to react. Then many players needing only transport would be forced to use transport vehicles. I guess there isn't anyway you could get rid of inexperienced players and players who are doing whatever they like, unless you play only clan games.

Upvote 0
I love to teamtank, though it won't happen too often. There are just too many annoying "noobs" that don't listen to the commander (they speak a weird language, they think that stop means "drive fast towards the enemy and get killed")

:(

ROFL.

I think something definitely gets lost in the translation. I find that 'hold this position, we're capping' translates to 'run as fast as you can into enemy fire'.

But since this is about tanks, I will hold further comments. :D

Upvote 0
My biggest problem isn't when somebody hijacks my tank, which doesn't happen too often, but when I try and join up with another person's tank. If I jump out of my tank for whatever reason and it gets destroyed, and I see an ally tank, I'm not going to try and rambo the enemy with my meer pistol, so I'll hop in that tank and ask if it's okay if I Team Tank with the guy already inside. Sometimes he'll say "Sure, go ahead" and give compotent orders that I follow (if he's commander) or he'll obey my commands promptly (if I'm commander). However, sometimes, I'll get no response, and I don't want to have to try and guess if now is a good time to stop the tank so that the (apparantly mute) commander can take a shot, so I'll usually have to hop out and either suicide or look for another tank, hopefully with a person that can actually talk.

Upvote 0
yeah, sigh, i remember a month after the release when half of the people tanking on regular ARAD maps all wanted to team tank, now its like a crime against humanity to team tank on arad and its REALLY rare.
Concidering the maps size and tendency for tanks to sit there and duel it out, would you want to be part of a tank crew if you just sit there and do nothing only to die a short time later?
Tanks on tank battles on Arad don't last too long, so it's easier to go infrantry.

Upvote 0
First of all, I will cooperate with anyone else in a tank with me, be it driver, gunner, etc. If there is an empty tank I will take it, otherwise if I jump into a tank that someone else is using, I will get in the Hull MG slot and ask if he needs assistance. Most of the time they have no problem and say drive or take over the gunner, sometimes they say very nicely that they would prefer to tank alone. NP on that. It is the once in a while that I get someone who goes off on a crazy irrational rant "get the #@$% out of my tank you ##^%". In that last case, I usually stay just because this a**hole expects me to stand around doing nothing in the spawn area for minutes on end so he can run off by himself. :D

Upvote 0
Teamwork is quite hard to do with tanks, when it works it is great, but when it fails it only gets you mad, becouse even one crew member not co-operating could ruin others teamwork completely. Some players just like to do whatever they want, hijacking tanks like in GTA, jumping off tanks shooting around with pistol, ramming with tanks and everykind of unrealistic gamey things, it really makes mad those players who like to play realistically, but what you can do about it? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yea this happens more often than I would like but with the general public its bound to happen no matter what kind of game it is...I try and stick with servers that have regs always in there so I can get good crew members...sometimes on a rare occasion on a random server I can get a good crew member but most of the time someone is cussing you to leave the tank and such.
One thing I would like to see though in upcoming maps with tanks is...simply only have 1-2 maybe 3 on each side and then try and take objectives with those while the others get in half-tracks / transports to get the rest of the way....that would be nice since the tanks would actually be supporting more than just running off to shoot something.

Upvote 0