• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sway is WAY too small

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Ok after playing for ~15 hours now I can definitely say that sway needs to be upped when firing unsupported, there's hardly any right now. I don't care in how good shape you are, after sprinting all out for 30 seconds with a rifle you will not be able to pull off a pinpoint shot in a split second.

As it is now, unlike in RO, there isn't a whole lot of incentive to brace your weapon aside from the obvious advantage of cover.

I'm not saying it should be increased a TON, just somewhat. Probably a tad less than RO1 would be just right.

But when you're exhausted I think it needs to be increased significantly from what it is now.

Aside from the lack of realism, it also affects the gameplay negatively, because the lines between defenders and attackers are blurred.

+1.

I'd say it's okay usually - not enough of an issue, but after sprinting it is kinda.... needs more sway. Add to the amount of sway added as stamina decreases.

This. I think the basic sway is sufficient (binos need some, too), but it could indeed scale with stamina. If nothing else, stronger sway for a while straight after sprinting will do the trick.

Upvote 0
^Scaling with stamina would be fantastic.

Not only would it be more realistic and rebalance the gameplay between offense/defense but it would also result in people thinking about their use of sprint more carefully.

Would love to see this, also. Although if the sway was just increased a bit across the board, I'd settle for that.

+1

Upvote 0
^Scaling with stamina would be fantastic.

Not only would it be more realistic and rebalance the gameplay between offense/defense but it would also result in people thinking about their use of sprint more carefully.

That'd basically just make sprint distances a fifth of what they are now, people keeping stamina capped to be at their readiest. Not positive in my opinion..

Upvote 0
So, yet another "I want to sit behind my sandbags in my corner and be invulnerable all day because my gun is rested" thread? "But it is realistic!", you say. "I read on wikipedia that attackers need a 3 to 1 numbers advantage over defenders, which is so awesome because I always play defender!! But ro2 no realistic omg, attackers can actually kill me, blasphemy!!! I mean, I read on wikipedia that going prone on the edge of the map and taking pot shots with mp40 is realistic tactics, so I should dominate teh serverz by doing that!"

In other words, no, there is no need to increase sway. And regardless of what wikipedia tells you, we don't really have a 3 to 1 attacker advantage, so the lines between attackers and defenders need to be blurred.

Upvote 0
That'd basically just make sprint distances a fifth of what they are now, people keeping stamina capped to be at their readiest. Not positive in my opinion..

No that's not how it would work out in gameplay, it would mean people who used up their sprint would try to get in a position to brace their weapon when they stopped. And since there's stuff to brace your gun on all over the landscape, it wouldn't exactly be difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, yet another "I want to sit behind my sandbags in my corner and be invulnerable all day because my gun is rested" thread? "But it is realistic!", you say. "I read on wikipedia that attackers need a 3 to 1 numbers advantage over defenders, which is so awesome because I always play defender!! But ro2 no realistic omg, attackers can actually kill me, blasphemy!!! I mean, I read on wikipedia that going prone on the edge of the map and taking pot shots with mp40 is realistic tactics, so I should dominate teh serverz by doing that!"

In other words, no, there is no need to increase sway. And regardless of what wikipedia tells you, we don't really have a 3 to 1 attacker advantage, so the lines between attackers and defenders need to be blurred.

Dude what are you talking about? I never even play with an SMG... and I was just suggesting people should have to brace their gun after running full out for 20-30 seconds on whatever rock/hill/thing happens to be available.

Straw man ftw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
I would like some more sway when exhausted. A 100 meter sprint is one thing. But I could spend a whole game running distances back and forth, and still be ~100% accurate when I fire at the end of the round. This shouldn't be.

Whether a 100 meter sprint justifiably drains your stamina to 0 is one thing.

Accuracy while having 0 stamina is another. Having 0 Stamina sounds like being close to exhaustion, or at least being winded to me. your aim shouldn;t be as good when near exhaustion.

Upvote 0
Dude what are you talking about? I never even play with an SMG...
Whatever, insert weapon of choice. That wasn't the point of the post at all.

and I was just suggesting people should have to brace their gun after running full out for 20-30 seconds on whatever rock/hill/thing happens to be available.

Straw man ftw.
That won't work, only noobs "brace their gun" because it takes forever and is only going to get you shot if the guy on the other side is anything above utterly worthless. The only way to kill campers is by taking quick pop up shots, and you can't "brace your gun" when doing that. Too much sway will only hurt the dynamics, favoring skill-less camping even further than it already is in this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whatever, insert weapon of choice. That wasn't the point of the post at all.

It has nothing to do with not being able to kill people while attacking. You really think you could run for 20-30 seconds at top speed, bring up your rifle and while unsupported pick someone off at 100 meters without even catching a breath?

And what the hell was wikipedia about? You just throw out these random things I didn't even mention... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0