• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation StuG III Ausf. E

btw, you can't open the hatch of a Panzer III/StuG while driving, so safe you're time and don't add it for this babe.

This is why I did not decide to model the hatch. Even though the driver will have far less visibility, it would be more realistic. It would also encourage closer communication and teamwork with the commander. This is esspecially important in a turret-less vehicle since the driver has to align it properly.

About the flag, what are the laws on displaying partially hidden swastikas in Germany? Karl stiner sent me this link (http://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/german/pjstug.htm). The model has the flag but it's partially folded over. Would it be possible to have a flag partially hidden (more so then in the picture on the plastic model) on the StuG E, so that the entire swastika is not visible?

Upvote 0
The model has the flag but it's partially folded over. Would it be possible to have a flag partially hidden (more so then in the picture on the plastic model) on the StuG E, so that the entire swastika is not visible?
You could try dropping Wilsonam a PM, as I'm sure this would have been something they'd had to consider when making the game.
But as it's not for "educational purposes", I doubt it would be allowed, partial or not. Otherwise people / organisations could make use of a partial image to sidestep the law.
There might also be some law or regulation in France that concern this.

Here's a picture of a StuG actually using the flag for identication purposes.
copyofp906812115eia6.jpg

Upvote 0
For CoD the game had a localized German file that would display an iron cross instead. It is generally accepted practice to use an iron cross variant. That is all I am suggesting. It makes things easier on everyone. Personally I prefer the historical correctness but it means nothing in the overall picture. If you use a flag, make it with the iron cross.

Upvote 0