• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Distribution For Red Orchestra

ShadowbaneX said:
I'm glad to hear the news. I've been a fan of RO for a while and am really happy that things are going well for Tripwire, however this move to steam does raise a question. For those of us that already own UT2k4 and have RO 3.3 are we going to need to purchase a new copy of RO:O or will there be someway of inputting our UT2k4 CD keys into steam and get access that way.

RO is now a FULL GAME, STANDALONE.
You didnt have to pay for the mod because RO was a mod... And now RO is a full game and yes, the game has improved and advanced far enough to be called a full new game.

Upvote 0
Eeep!!! said:
RO is now a FULL GAME, STANDALONE.
You didnt have to pay for the mod because RO was a mod... And now RO is a full game and yes, the game has improved and advanced far enough to be called a full new game.

Thank you. I understand this.

I did pay for UT2K4 though. What's more, when DoD was back in the beta stages, ie 3.1b (note: a mod) I bought half-life. Later when DoD went retail (note: 'improved and advanced far enough to be called a full new game) it accepted my old half-life CD key and I didn't need to buy a new copy of DoD.

Actually as far as Steam is concerned I'm still using that CD key whenever I load up Half-Life or Day of Defeat v1.3, because that's the one that is registered to my account.

As an extention of this, I'm wondering if my UT2K4 CD will suffice for this new version of RO.

Upvote 0
ShadowbaneX said:
Thank you. I understand this.

I did pay for UT2K4 though. What's more, when DoD was back in the beta stages, ie 3.1b (note: a mod) I bought half-life. Later when DoD went retail (note: 'improved and advanced far enough to be called a full new game) it accepted my old half-life CD key and I didn't need to buy a new copy of DoD.

Actually as far as Steam is concerned I'm still using that CD key whenever I load up Half-Life or Day of Defeat v1.3, because that's the one that is registered to my account.

As an extention of this, I'm wondering if my UT2K4 CD will suffice for this new version of RO.

Don't think so, as Steam and UT2k4 propably use different algorithms to verify a key, while HL1 and DoD obviously used the same...

Upvote 0