• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Distribution For Red Orchestra

[RO]Wilsonam said:
To get community maps "issued", there should be a number of routes:

1. Download places such as MapOrchestra and install them independently
2. Valve are, so I hear from PC Zone, creating "Vapour", as a distribution route for Mods to the existing games
3. Persuade us to include the maps in a Tripwire update via Steam!

And then there should be a fourth way of simply uploading it to a game server so people who join it automatically load it, if I am not mistaken.

Upvote 0
Valve, Steam, and RO:Ost

Valve, Steam, and RO:Ost

I tried to pre-order Day of Defeat Source online through Steam. I was able to play DoD the day it came out. The next day I was denied access and got a message stating that the billing address I gave did not match the one on record for my credit card. I called the credit card company and they said that they showed NO record of Steam trying to charge my card, and that my billing address was the same as the one I gave Steam.
So I decided to try and run the charge again. Steam sent a reply that said for my protection, they were not allowing my credit card to be used again to purchase through them. When I tried to contact Steam through their stellar customer service site, they had no answer for me.

What does this have to do with RO:Ost? I am very interested in playing it. I have no problem paying for it. But I certainly don't intend to get another credit card just to be able to order one game. Please consider releasing the game over the counter.

Upvote 0
I found out about Red Orchestra from steam news, and I am excited that it is coming to steam. I am one of those people who complains about how unrealistic dod is, and I hope that this style of gameplay won't appeal to the little kids that inhabit most steam games. You guys seem to be pretty cool, and I hope I get a chance to play with you soon.

Upvote 0
I also am new to the community and I will be bringing numerous troops with me. The excitment of learning a totally new game with this theme and realistic gameplay puts me on cloud nine. I know some are worried about the possible influx of the "rift-raft" into your community. But, I feel alot of the old skool DOD'ers will be making the switch to this game since DOD has gone off to leftfield. I will hope to see you guys on the fields sometime soon!

-totenkopf44

Upvote 0