• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Starting to get Obsessed

I am starting to get obsessed with HoS and I haven't ever played RO before.
I think it's just everything about this game that turns me on.

The thing that turns me on the most is the developers :)
the interaction iv'e seen just from being on these forums a few days is incredible, I'm not surprised loads of the Call of Duty community is lapping this up.

The other idea I love is TWI giving mod tools out, So come release day some great mod's will follow almost intermediately. The choice this game is giving from release is almost overwhelming.

I really hope my clan picks this game up and rolls with it :IS2:

Reactions: OneDuck
I think it's just everything about this game that turns me on.

The thing that turns me on the most is the developers :)
the interaction iv'e seen just from being on these forums a few days is incredible, I'm not surprised loads of the Call of Duty community is lapping this up.

The other idea I love is TWI giving mod tools out, So come release day some great mod's will follow almost intermediately. The choice this game is giving from release is almost overwhelming.

I really hope my clan picks this game up and rolls with it :IS2:

You should convince your clan to try out HOS. My group is already helping groups coming from DODS to get acclimated to the new type of game play. Once the group plays as a team and gets used to the realism they can not go back to DODS. Try out RO and you will find there are plenty of people that will help you out there. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon...

Upvote 0
I know the feeling, i have been deliberately keeping myself out of the loop with RO:HOS, knowing in advance that it will be great, i didn't want to hype myself up any more than i had to, which allways makes the waiting time seem so much worse.

Well yesterday i fell off the wagon, i stumbled upon the PAX interview on youtube and gave it a looksee, and the rest of the day was spend watching and reading everything there is to watch and read about the game, so now i'm psyched..

Want gaem NOW!!! :D
But can't have game now :(

No really, it seems they have fixed all the things that i felt held RO back, and on top of that, there's all the extra awesome, how can you toy with our emotions like this TWI? i thought we where freinds :(

Upvote 0
Reasons to get Red Orchestra: Ostfront:

1. RO2 ETA 2011
2. You will adjust easier in RO2 if you played ROOST
3. Cheap
4. Even if RO2 never existed ROOST is still pretty much only retail game that has so many unique features all in one package (infantry+tanks with armor sloping-shells bouncing model, dismemberment by explosion, great looking - large maps that also have huge skyscraper-like buildings which have every floor open, cover system where you can lean your weapon on ANY surface and pop-out feature on crouch - just to name a FEW)
5. Mods that you don't have to install. If you are joining a map with addons they will download and install automatically (new maps, models, camouflage, textures, sounds, units, etc.)
6. ??? If you are still reading and having doubts than something is wrong with you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just be warned... it is a lifetime subscription. When i got hooked up with the ut2k4 RO mod back in 2005 it never really let me go until this day... it's f*cking addictive.
I just hope that You have a really demanding job/ wife/ gf or whatever... otherwise i fear You will get lost, believe me :D

Others than that: Hello and welcome to us weird RO crowd :)

Upvote 0