• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stand Alone game

Stand Alone game

• Stand Alone game

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • DLC that requires RO2

Votes: 138 41.4%
  • Free

Votes: 155 46.5%

• Total voters
I'm struggling to choose an option at this, because we've seen little - and as Nestor mentioned, there are a fair few complications related to this decision :) I'd probably accept any of the 3 options, if I'm honest.

However, I'll say this. The idea is excellent, and I'd love to play the Japanese army again. The setting is great - I really liked the pacific stuff in BF1942. The trailer is fantastic - real quality stuff, obviously high production values.

So - from the bits I have seen, I'm definitely looking forward to RS. I think I can safely say - I'll be surprised if I don't get Rising Storm, whichever of the three options it turns out to be :)

Upvote 0
who actually WANTED this game to be a DLC? Why would you not want this to be free? Are you retarded, or just have a lot of money?

let me give you my paypal and send me something...

You are spoiled by very generous mod makers who offer their work for free. A lot of which they should be awarded for IMO. RS team is for all I know, taking it a step further, and therefore you can expect more.

Your view of the world is very consumer minded, you should also position yourself in the producing side of the world. For example, you would most likely not be sitting on the chair you bought, if it was for free, the chair would not be there at all in that case. If there's no reward no one's interested to make something, that's why many mod teams move on to a commercial level.

Upvote 0
You are spoiled by very generous mod makers who offer their work for free. A lot of which they should be awarded for IMO. RS team is for all I know, taking it a step further, and therefore you can expect more.

Your view of the world is very consumer minded, you should also position yourself in the producing side of the world. For example, you would most likely not be sitting on the chair you bought, if it was for free, the chair would not be there at all in that case. If there's no reward no one's interested to make something, that's why many mod teams move on to a commercial level.
Very well said. The problem is a lot of people don't understand the amount of work that goes into something such as this. Personally, I'd prefer the modders to be able to focus on the one project, and if it is quality be able to be rewarded like any developer. That is not really feasible with a free DLC.

Upvote 0
If it was free, and included in an official RO2 update, that would be the only way to make this game work for the players. DLC or standalone would both take a subsection of the already very small RO2 playerbase, and there would be hardly any full servers.

About the money: ofcourse for the developers, "free" sounds like the worst option. However, perhaps some budget could be aquired from Tripwire for making an official update for the game (it's good for Tripwire as they're making their promises true, which will result in more sales for RO2 and future games). I'd be willing to donate as well, as I do understand it takes a lot of work to make a project like this.

In DLC/standalone format, developers might get more money, but the game will die extremely fast, which is just disappointing for both the players as the developers.

Upvote 0
From a low player numbers standpoint, making the content Free update is the best solution since everyone can then play it.

As paid DLC, that would certainly help TWI and reimburse the team for their efforts, but only a portion of the player base would then buy it. How many that is, I don't know but if the current number of people playing at any one time is an indication, this would split and fragment an already small community. Its one thing to have different modes in a game because you can still join any server, but splitting an already small player base would just be disappointing.

My current opinion is to make it free.

Upvote 0
These Guys/Girls? deserve to get Paid, This nonsense about Fracturing the Community is simply that...Nonsense, People will pay for quality...If You feel so humble then You go work for nothing (and good luck paying the Bills in the Never-land, You happen to live in....BTW send Me a ticket so I can see what this Paradise looks like), These Guy/Girls? will set a fair price for a fair product....You've already been told "This is RS not RO"....WTF don't You understand.
If It's Crap the Reviews will tell Us (Here's a Tip, nobody is holding a Gun to Your Head)....wait and see If It's good.
If not then don't get it (It's that simple....No Really).
But These Guys/Girls deserve to get paid, The same as You or Me, and if This so called community fractures....then so be it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These Guys/Girls? deserve to get Paid, This nonsense about Fracturing the Community is simply that...Nonsense, People will pay for quality...If You feel so humble then You go work for nothing (and good luck paying the Bills in the Never-land, You happen to live in....BTW send Me a ticket so I can see what this Paradise looks like), These Guy/Girls? will set a fair price for a fair product....You've already been told "This is RS not RO"....WTF don't You understand.
If It's Crap the Reviews will tell Us (Here's a Tip, nobody is holding a Gun to Your Head)....wait and see If It's good.
If not then don't get it (It's that simple....No Really).
But These Guys/Girls deserve to get paid, The same as You or Me, and if This so called community fractures....then so be it.

The developers of Rising Storm could be paid by directly Tripwire. The money would come from the increased RO2 sales which would certainly result from such a well-made mod being released on steam along with possibly a sale. Supplement that with donations. Why do you believe the concerns about fracturing the community are "nonsense"? Actually you contradict this statement with the last sentence in your statement so I don't know what to believe. The point is that the game will thrive with free access to Rising Storm and it will have a very difficult time if the game becomes divided.

Upvote 0

well said. But i was actually referring as to WHY someone would want to pay. You're being asked if you WANT to pay and people are saying yes; i dont want to pay for anything but realistically i do up paying. I dont want to pay for RS but i probably will, thats my point haha.

however i dont believe it is completly fair to say im consumer minded. I believe certain things need to be done for free, so in some senses i am anti-consumer minded.

I am in a slow but steady process of creating my own game which i intend to release maybe through steam. I dont plan on charging a single cent for it, regardless of how many months its taken me to get this far, because people playing my game and enjoying it is reward enough for me. But i digress, this is a personal philosophy of mine.

thank you for the reply

BTW: Is there a place that lists the new features of RS? Are there even new features or is it just RO2 reskinned?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
who actually WANTED this game to be a DLC? Why would you not want this to be free? Are you retarded, or just have a lot of money?

let me give you my paypal and send me something...

I am not retarded, I am a man who know that a work must paid.
In a fairy tale, people work for glorious, everyone lives in a town and they're living with barter.

But we are not in a fairy tale.

If you want a quality product, supported, you must pay. If you are a supporter of this game, you can give up the evening cocktail and pay the game.

As you say, I don't need to insult you. It is clear that you don't know how is right to live.

Upvote 0