• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Stalingrad grain elevator

D.a.L-UnteroffizierG

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
Germany
Hi Folks,

i have no "real" experience in mapping but i startet with mapping yesterday.

The map takes place in Stalingrad in 1942. There were intense infantry fights around the HUGE grain elevator of stalingrad:

(The pic is from www.Stalingrad-info.com not from me)

546.JPG

The map will be infantry only and mainly bolt action.

Here is a Shot of the elevator:

image004.jpg

and here are some pic of the map which i started yesterday:

The elevator:

elevator.JPG

German spawn in a factory:

spawn.JPG

Here the russians will shoot on germans:

aussicht.JPG

you cant see much yet. But i would like to hear your comments on my idea. (including criticism) :)

Cheers

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see 2 maps made on this scenario. An early map (yours) with infantry only, and then a later map with slightly more ruined surroundings involving tanks an anti-tank stuff as well.
Obviously there could be some changes to make it less "samey" (who wants 2 almost indentical maps?), such as destroying some buildings, adding more craters/defences etc, and of course vehicles.

Just a suggestion for what you could do as your second map ;) It would be interesting to see map "series" showing the development of certain battles over key points.

Upvote 0
Britney Federline said:
If you really want to be committed, download the mod version of RO and the custom map RO_Silo. Its gameplay sucked so bad it was basically universally hated, yet its concept is the same as yours.

You could learn what NOT to do in your map. Good luck.

oh yes i remember this map, i played it several times on the old DBDUK server. but i never realized that was the grain elevator!

i will give my best to do a better map! and a more beautifully map.......

Upvote 0