• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimen Suggestion - The Nile

Ithae

Apr 24, 2010
The Nile - An attempt to make the ultimate tank, capable of withstanding intense amounts of damage, and deliver massive damage in return. It takes a while to clone them, so finding them is uncommon. Has 35% resistance to explosive damage, 30% resistance with headshots and melee hits, and 25% resistance to all others. Fire however has 0% resistance on her, but she stays on fire for only half the time other specimen do. However like most real tanks, these don't apply as heavily on her back. Hitting form the back makes it so she is only 12% resistant to explosive damage and bullets, 5% resistant to headshots, and 0% resistant to all others. Apparently this monster is piss easy on Beginner. God damn math.

Attacks:
Melee - Claw Attack (2 claws) - Swipes claw at you. Has a slow attack when using both claws.
Beginner: 8(16)
Normal: 25(50)
Hard: 32(64)
Suicidal: 44(98)

Ranged - Claw Shot (Per each nail) - Shoots all 10 of her claws in different forms of fire. Shooting them causes the Nile to lose her nails, requiring them to grow back. They do less damage while off, but while recharging, they start to do more and more damage.
Beginner: 3
Normal: 8
Hard: 10
Suicidal: 14

Melee - Impale (Armor Broken) - Impales your chest. Can only use this attack once per life. Causes her nails on right hand to get broken, like Claw Shot. Surviving this attack does a significant amount of damage to your armor, but your armor can't reduce the amount of damage it does. Near one hit kill on suicidal.
Beginner: 15(60)
Normal: 50(70)
Hard: 63(80)
Suicidal: 88(90)

Health: Base of 1800 - Gains 600 per member on your team (Do your own math or click the link.)
Beginner: 900
Normal: 1800
Hard:2430
Suicidal: 3350
Bounty - A lot higher than a fleshpounds. You get a little money even if you didn't make the kill.

Beginner: 750
Normal: 550
Hard: 380
Suicidal: 330

Notes - Has a 50% chance of spawning in every wave past 6. If the Nile does appear in the wave, it replaces 5 random specimen that were gonna spawn, whether it be clot or crawler or even fleshpounds. Discuss.

Also, broken claws go like this. Whenever a claw is broken or gone, it starts to grow back. At first it is 75% weaker then fully grown claws, but grows back to increase it's damage by 2.5% each second until it reaches the originial 100%. She can't use Claw Shot or impale until they are fully grown back. Also, she has a shorter reach the shorter her claws.

Last edited:
Fix your post! Also you kind of copied my idea D:! But whatever. Cool idea bro, also like the idea of making him spawn so early it causes players to quickly end :p if they fail.

Also don't like the idea of it being a woman, take it from this perspective, if i was a scientist and wanted something that could withstand large amounts of damage and have amazing stamina, would i pick a male or female.

[That could be me some what sexist but in my opinion, it wouldn't be a female.]

Also wrong section.

Upvote 0
This idea made me lol'd. Can't get on fire, but fire still make 100% dmg. One hit kill = NO. And if he hit you, your body armor HAVE TO reduce the damage on you. And that replacing thing doesn't work at all because of the custom spawns. Oh poop, the Nile is stuck in the crawler spawn points. :eek:

Fix your post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This idea made me lol'd. Can't get on fire, but fire still make 100% dmg. One hit kill = NO. And if he hit you, your body armor HAVE TO reduce the damage on you. And that replacing thing doesn't work at all because of the custom spawns. Oh poop, the Nile is stuck in the crawler spawn points. :eek:

Fix your post!

This ^ ^
It's rather silly.

Upvote 0
This ^ ^
It's rather silly.

Well some parts of it but, every idea counts :D just needs some tweaking, its a good idea kind of. :/

Come on a big tank that does alot of damage :D, THAT DOESNT RAGE. that owns me.

The only that really ****s me in game is sirens because they walk so ****ing slow and im running away form 20 specimens and she pops up slowly dragging her *** screaming :D.

^^ random infos! ^^

Upvote 0
Fix your post! Also you kind of copied my idea D:! But whatever. Cool idea bro, also like the idea of making him spawn so early it causes players to quickly end :p if they fail.

Also don't like the idea of it being a woman, take it from this perspective, if i was a scientist and wanted something that could withstand large amounts of damage and have amazing stamina, would i pick a male or female.

[That could be me some what sexist but in my opinion, it wouldn't be a female.]

Also wrong section.

Link to your "idea". I only made an account to make this idea, I didn't go back more then 3 pages looking through the topics.

Upvote 0
You math is a bit off; damage is determined per difficulty based on a modifier of the base.
(see [url]http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Killing_Floor/Enemies[/URL])

Given base 25 for attack:
Beginner: 7.5 or (25*.3)
Normal 25
Hard 31.25 (25*1.25)
Suicidal 43.75 (25*1.75)

The health is right though.

A lot of your ideas are either impossible to do with the current coding of the game (like spawn replacements) or highly convoluted and a pain to program. The damage resistance could be done but it seems rather arditrary. The half fire length doesn't work; instead you could make it 50% resistant to fire damage but it's not quite the same. Messing with damage to it's back would be difficult and annoying.

Also, based on the damage, "the nile" is actually rather weak since it only does 90 with both claws while the FP does 105 with both arms, even before it rages. Even the gorefast does roughly 45 on suicidal. The ranged attack is pitiful (half the damage of the husk) and makes the spec even weaker for little to no damage. The armor break attack isn't quite clear. Does it damage both the armor and the health of a player as per the values listed? If so, when would the spec use such an attack? Would it be used first regardless of the player's current armor?

Reactions: Ithae
Upvote 0
@ [UIT] Akame

Finally, some constructive criticism. Plus 1 rep, if it means anything to you. Well to answer some of your questions.

1. The Nile has a slighty faster attack speed, and a much farther reach. Plus, when a Fleshpound hits, he has a slight pause in between. If the nile is still within reach, her pause is about 25% shorter then a fleshpounds. She also has ranged ability's.

2. Those claws are shot in multipable ways. There is rain, where she shoots them in the air randomly, hitting multipliable people. Theres the cannon, where she puts her hands together to aim all 10 nails at one person (15*10 = 150), there is also scatter, where she puts the nails evenly apart in front of her. I could name more, but you see she is either going to attempt to hit multipliable people, or concentrate all 10 on one person.

3. The impale armor thing. The armor does NOTHING to block off any damage, but regardless, destroys most of it.

4. Also, she has far more health then a fleshpound. With 6 people, on normal, a fleshpound has 3375, while the Nile has
4800. Significant differnce, taken the damage resistance she has from the front.

5. I wanted her to aggro, not rage, to the person doing the most damage, that means if your pissing her off shooting her in the back of the head, she will turn to you, but won't turn around for a set time.

Will be updating OP with better math.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont think we need another tank specimen, Id rather see something thats weaker than scrakes or fleshpounds but has an annoying ability. Like crawlers, their ability is to leap/jump on you and you gotta admit its so annoying, and thats what makes them good and makes the game harder.

So for example, NoGlory suggested for a specimen which can blind players if it gets too close, this ability would make it a prior target over fleshpounds simply because we dont want to get blinded when the fleshpound comes too near. Another idea was a teleporting specimen which could teleport short distances once in a while, giving it the ability to go through doors and reach players in high ground, therefor making exploiting harder. Both of these would require a lot of balancing but you get the idea.

This "Nile" here would be just amazing pain in the *** in suicidal because when ever you see one you are guaranteed to lose at least one teammember.. Unless you happen to have firebugs in the team which you dont, because they suck on suicidal.

Upvote 0
ok guys, you want ultimate tank, i'll give you two!

one: specemine name = Rock.
looks like: a rock
moves like: a rock
takes daamage from: rockets
hp: 4000 (on beginner)
attacks: shard storm (when someone gets close, rips them w/ shards (super high damage))
it soaks up **** tons of damage, and any one who comes near is dead

then, second one
name: YOU"RE ALL SCREWED
looks like: big guy carrying a nuclear warhead
moves like: superman
takes damage from: why would you shoot something carrying a nuke? are you crazy?
hp: 40 (detonates nuke 50% chance on death)
attacks: swings nuke (100 damage on contact), spikes nuke (/thread)

Upvote 0
then, second one
name: YOU"RE ALL SCREWED
looks like: big guy carrying a nuclear warhead
moves like: superman
takes damage from: why would you shoot something carrying a nuke? are you crazy?
hp: 40 (detonates nuke 50% chance on death)
attacks: swings nuke (100 damage on contact), spikes nuke (/thread)

I kinda like this idea. He would be like the predator. If he is decapitated then everything is fine. If someone drops him, but doesn't decapitate him, then he can set off a small self-destruct device.

Upvote 0
@Ithae
Also, regarding health:

(1800+6(600))*1.75= 9450 health on 6-man suicidal

108 average dps including reloading with firebug * 1.6 lv6 bonus = 173 per sec for flamethrower

9450/6 players /173 per sec = 9.1 sec of constant flamethrower to kill

NOTE: does not include DoT for flamethrower

500 average dps including reload for lv6 sharp with EBR (+60% reload buff included) *1.6 *1.5 (headshot and damage buffs) = 1200 * .7 (headshot resistance) = 840 per sec for EBR

9450/6/840 = 1.875 sec with EBR assuming the NILE can't be decapped.
OR
2.8 secs with only body shots

To make them equal you need a 86% resistance to headshots and no decap.

Even crossbow for anyone:
165 * 6 headshot = 990 dps * 0.7 = 693 or 2.27 sec with headshots

Upvote 0