• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Special-uber-map-thing wtf !?

epic failthreadname :D
Does someone of u remember the epic game called XIII ?
Does someone of u know how to get the statics and textures into KFEditor ? -.-'
Allready tried just import the packages but failed

;)
Double check that the UnrealEditor is the same version as the UT2004/KF version. Because KF uses UT2004 engine (UEditor 2.5) it makes these two compatible.

Upvote 0
Possibly because you are missing basic textures that the meshes require... it may be that the mesh uses shaders or overlays that are in different packages than the ones you moved. Or it could be that XIII used an engine update that makes those incompatible. I do not know for sure, and I have my doubts on the second thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Problem is i cant even open simple texture packages, mhh alright have to take a closer look. Can i export the textures in XIII Editor and then import dem to the kfed ?

Edit: For Example this one :

Texture XIIIPlainRock03.prglass01: Serial size mismatch: Got 832, Expected 835

History: LoadObject <- (Texture XIIIPlainRock03.prglass01 5740==5740/744170 4908 835) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\XIII\TexturesPC\XIIIPlainRock03.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\XIII\TexturesPC\XIIIPlainRock03.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\XIII\TexturesPC\XIIIPlainRock03.).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

I rly dont want to export every single texture -.-' that would took hrs. isnt there another way =( ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Double check that the UnrealEditor is the same version as the UT2004/KF version. Because KF uses UT2004 engine (UEditor 2.5) it makes these two compatible.

Actually the default Unreal Engine 2.0 and 2.5 engines use Unreal Editor 3.0. A lot of game designers today who liscence the Unreal Engine 2.5 probably have it bundled with Unreal Editor 4.0, but that's maybe and if they have the money.

Upvote 0
argh

argh

Im sorry but i dont ****in get it -.-' .

how does the install work ??? :
Installation

There are 2 options for installation.

a) Extract downloaded archive contents to directory, where Unreal Tournament is installed (root directory of UT2004). In this case, to display contents of package Animations/Player.ukx you may use simple command line "umodel.exe Player"

b) Extract downloaded archive to any directory. In this case you should specify path to Unreal Tournament. Example: "umodel.exe -path=C:/Games/UT2004 Player"

I need to put them into the XIII folder if i want to export xiii files am i right ?

But when i do this and run the umodel.exe it directly disappears again.
I didnt find ANYTHING on google about umodel ? o_O why

Im running 64-bit is that the prob ? someone on a forum said on his 64-bit it works ? I'm pretty annoyed and im sry for bothering u :mad:

Upvote 0