• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spec speed and damage

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36482&page=8

the relevant post is Ramm's :

Rammjaeger said:
" No Fleshpound 1 hit decaps with a knife are not an intended feature. Its a very hard to reproduce bug. Its so hard, that no one here can ever get it to happen but once in a blue moon. If anyone knows a 100% (or heck even 50%) reproduction of how to make it happen, let us know, because we can't do it. (And yes we have seen the youtube videos, and tried to do it over and over again)."

Ive been playing KF for a little while myself, Akame, and i can reproduce the instant decap in maybe one out of every 3 attempts. It takes perfect timing to get right, and if you slip up, you die. If there are knifeninjas out there who have trained themselves well enough to get it right every single attempt, then good for them. They'll have to settle with using Katanas or Axes in the future - but the basic mechanic will remain the same.

Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36482&page=8[/URL]

the relevant post is Ramm's :

Ive been playing KF for a little while myself, Akame, and i can reproduce the instant decap in maybe one out of every 3 attempts. It takes perfect timing to get right, and if you slip up, you die. If there are knifeninjas out there who have trained themselves well enough to get it right every single attempt, then good for them. They'll have to settle with using Katanas or Axes in the future - but the basic mechanic will remain the same.

Yep. The FP decaps and Scrake stuns, as TWI has said, are an intended feature. You can whine and cry about them all you want, but I really don't think they're going everywhere. Face it: Not everyone is as good as the posters in this topic at FPS games.

Most of your average players would be absolutely steamrolled if you made things the way you're talking about. And the "I'm a berserker. Here comes an unstunnable Scrake. Better run off and get my Support buddies to handle it!" or "I'm a Commando...guess I'm boned against that charging FP" would get cheap and irritating.

If you REALLY hate them that much and believe they ruin the game as much as you're all saying, then STOP COMPLAINING, GET OFF YOUR BUTT, and MAKE A MUTATOR TO GET RID OF IT. If it's a good mutator that works properly and only makes things harder, I don't see why it wouldn't get whitelisted, in fact!

I think if you actually tried it the way you're thinking, you'll be in for a wakeup call on how un-fun it makes the game for most classes. It'd make for an interesting new difficulty level ("Hardcore" or something similar), but I really doubt they're going to make that modification to the overall game, because they have it balanced in a different way that you're aiming.

Upvote 0
STOP COMPLAINING, GET OFF YOUR BUTT, and MAKE A MUTATOR TO GET RID OF IT.
Funny, I'm trying to learn unreal script right now so I can. I had planned to work on it but I'm in college (software engineering) and have my hands full learning java and verilog. But I plan to release a mod to mess with something, if I ever have the time to get around to it. But anyway...

Most of your average players would be absolutely steamrolled if you made things the way you're talking about. And the "I'm a berserker. Here comes an unstunnable Scrake. Better run off and get my Support buddies to handle it!" or "I'm a Commando...guess I'm boned against that charging FP" would get cheap and irritating.
I can kill an FP before it reaches me by myself with 4 people playing on a normal server with an AK as a level 3 commando without decapping. But you should be owned if your entire server is full of only one perk that don't work together. You should need help from other player or perks. This is not a game were everyone needs to be able to deal with every spec.You aren't forced to choose a particular perk but sometimes you need to work as a team. It's perhaps more of an issue on public servers since teamwork is sometimes hard to come by, but it is more than easy to produce when working with friends or clansmen.

Alex said:
I'm actually not so much worried about knifing (or axe/katana) since it is actually rather dangerous and difficult, but even if there is a 25% chance per hit (just made this up), if you spam bullpup or even 9mm it is rather easy to decap (I can easily to it 100% of the time with the 'pup) which is why I was for creating a damage threshold on FP decaps.

@jb_
I'm not sure what you are talking about. What I'm proposing would actually increase the difficulty, if anything. But more importantly encourage teamwork.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny, I'm trying to learn unreal script right now so I can. I had planned to work on it but I'm in college (software engineering) and have my hands full learning java and verilog. But I plan to release a mod to mess with something, if I ever have the time to get around to it. But anyway...

You seem to have plenty of time to use on this thread instead of the other things... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yep. The FP decaps and Scrake stuns, as TWI has said, are an intended feature.

No Fleshpound 1 hit decaps with a knife are not an intended feature. Its a very hard to reproduce bug. Its so hard, that no one here can ever get it to happen but once in a blue moon. If anyone knows a 100% (or heck even 50%) reproduction of how to make it happen, let us know, because we can't do it. (And yes we have seen the youtube videos, and tried to do it over and over again).

If they can't get rid of it, at least put that stuff in the tips or something.
"Fleshpounds have a weak spot on top of their heads, which instantly decapitates them"

"Scrakes can be stunned with melee weapons".

I hate that it is almost an insider secret.

Upvote 0
Why? The number of times someone actually pulls it off is tiny. If someone is just that good and has that good of timing, more power to them. It's not much different to me than knowing the angle which instantly decaps clots and gorefasts.

The videos where I've seen it done happened under ideal conditions, with a single FP and no other specs involved. And lord knows how many times the player screwed up until they had enough successes to edit a video together making it look like it's easy.

Upvote 0
Why? The number of times someone actually pulls it off is tiny. If someone is just that good and has that good of timing, more power to them.
Personally, as I have outlined many times in this thread, even if knifing is broken it is still hard to do and carries big risk. Trying to decap with the 9mm and bullpup is much easier (5-10 shots with the 'pup almost always gets a decap if you are aiming anywhere close to their head) and carries little risk.
The same is an issue with scrakes. It seems not that the scrake himself now only makes other specs slightly more dangerous because you have one player tied up stunning him until he is deal.

As it stands this is how I rank specs in terms of danger
1.Gorefasts (high damage, really fast, occur often)
2.Crawlers (high damage, fast and harder to see, occur less often)
3.Siren (moderate damage past armor, can hide in horde, range, slightly durable)
4.FP (Is a threat but few spawns and easy decaps and slower until rage)
5.Bloat (Vision and only spec that can hurt you after death)
6.Scrake (High damage and Health, but slow and stunnable)
7.Clot

Based on spawns it should be something like:
FP, Scrake, Siren, Crawler, Gorefast, Bloat, Clot

Upvote 0