• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Something needs to be done.

How is the double-drum mg34 non-authentic?

ww2+mg34+75rnd

my friends tell me it was very rare, because it was used on airplanes and infantry could use it only by detaching it from airplane. Crashed airplane with not damaged machineguns is a rare event.

Upvote 0
Altering a racial slur to use against opposing players in this game should be an infraction. It is completely ungentlemanly.

In what sense is the term weeaboo a racial slur?

So Set, I guess by your own admission you don't consistently play this game, so why you so mad bro?

Because I loved RO1 and I think RO is one of the best video game franchises ever produced. Tripwire is one of the few developers that is keeping video gaming afloat above the sea of paid DLC, achievement whoring garbage.

I am mad because in its current state. RO2 is an utter pile of ****, not because of any game mechanic, but due to the fact that a large portion of the community has a fetish for Nazi Germany/U.S.

Upvote 0
I really, really, REALLY want to enjoy playing RO2.

but:

• Playing only 2 out of the 4 nations isn't fun
  • Playing with only bots and noobs as teammates isn't fun
  • Having SL/TLs that never use smoke, recon, or artillery isn't fun
  • Guaranteed loss on every round isn't fun

Make auto-assign mandatory to get rid of the ludicrous team stack and every one of these issues is no longer present. It's a very easy fix and I see no good reason why things should stay as they are. If all you want out of RO is to stomp soviet bots for der fuhrer then play single player.

Upvote 0
...but due to the fact that a large portion of the community has a fetish for Nazi Germany/U.S.

In my opinion is not entirely true, I play RO2/RS since 2011 (RS 2013) I have almost 1200 hours of gaming and I don't see that, maybe the main problem are in the servers where you playing.

My case RO2 and RS respectively:

RO2

RS Stats

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion is not entirely true, I play RO2/RS since 2011 (RS 2013) I have almost 1200 hours of gaming and I don't see that, maybe the main problem are in the servers where you playing.

My case RO2 and RS respectively:

RO2 Stats

RS Stats

Again, I agree. I think a large part of some people's perception has to do with the servers they are playing on where there is some bias, then it gets blown all out of proportion to where everyone wants to play German/US on all the servers all the time.

They refuse to try and play other servers because the ping might be a little higher or there aren't as many players on that server, or they are just so used to joining those few out of habit they can't move on etc etc.

Upvote 0
starting to think we have some trolls who simply like discrediting legitimate balance issues. I've no doubt in 1 or 2 servers where there are regulars there every day you will end up with one side working together better this is nothing new and exists in most games, but this exaggerated bs that it's neigh on unplayable is nonsense.

+1

There are other things that plague the game that the devs could address, balancing players is something that has to be done by active admins and the players themselves. Sometimes switching sides when your side is winning too easily is good for a laugh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please, no more of this Hero crap that gets the opposing team's guns! The only ones that makes sense is the MP717(r) (PPSh-41) and G.259(r) (SVT-40) for the Germans.
So Germans should have those Soviet weapons but Soviets shouldn't have German's. That's a bit problematic approach to this problem. :D

Some suggestions for Soviet side:

- More tickets
- Faster respawn

Upvote 0
Simple solution for team stacking (which never was a huge problem for me actually) :
Switch sides/teams after map round.

Additional pros:
- Less repetitive gameplay
- faster map learning (e.g. for newbies)
- map unbalance problems solved since every team has to deal with the same problems

And now disco disco party party

I would also support this.

There are other things that plague the game that the devs could address, balancing players is something that has to be done by active admins and the players themselves. Sometimes switching sides when your side is winning too easily is good for a laugh.
Never going to happen.

All it takes is 10~ wehraboos on a 64-player server to shift a disproportionate number of new players and bots to the Russian team.

How are admins supposed to police something like this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, I agree. I think a large part of some people's perception has to do with the servers they are playing on where there is some bias, then it gets blown all out of proportion to where everyone wants to play German/US on all the servers all the time.

They refuse to try and play other servers because the ping might be a little higher or there aren't as many players on that server, or they are just so used to joining those few out of habit they can't move on etc etc.

Point me to a server that isn't an axis-stacked ****-show 24/7 and I will happily stfu and play.

I have no regular server, and in 300 hours of playing RO2 I've yet to find one that isn't a significant portion of the time.

Upvote 0
I'm talking about making the game fun to play for both sides. If we should aim for realism, we shouldn't ever see Germans win the campaign. :p
Well. . .um. :/
I think we go go for general realism without having complete realism. But either way, to me the problem isn't the difference in weapons; I have never been bothered by the other team having something better than my team, and I've never really noticed stacking, but if it is a thing then that could certainly cause issues.

Upvote 0