• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some features, and their gameplay problems not a feature request more like a fix.

What about the following crazy bugs:

- you hear people scream when they die across the whole map, BUT
- when a tank drives over you you might not even notice/hear it in time (WTF)
- nades are still bugged: sometimes they kill from miles, sometimes they dont kill while on you (oh, and they still sometimes make you kill yourself from impossible distances when in fact you get shot)
- MG's are still bugged: I don't know the details, but MG players keep complaining about MG bugs (ask them)
- weapons don't shoot where you aim, specificly the semi sniper rifles are a joke for snipers

To sum it up I guess my first two points are about a bad sound system.
The nade bugs and MG bugs are unforgivable, they are still there carried over from the mod.
Weapons being inacurate is the biggest turnoff for a lot of people, but I'm afraid it won't be considered a bug (an evil feature it is then).

Tank volume should be higher although it has been said before that to make it sound as loud as it should be basically all other sounds should be lowered and that the quality loss of all other sound wouldn't be worth it. But i added it anyway.

The deathscreams might be on the public channel? instead of local channel, anway that would be pretty much thesame section as the voice commands needing to have local channel.

Mg bugs, are real bugs, and dont belong here but the bug thread. The problem with mg bugs is there is no known reproduction, and i've tried to reproduce the bugs for quite some time.

Nade bugs are thesame, there arent many testers around, and these bugs arent easy to replicate. If you find how to get the bug everytime, place it in the bug forum and i'll make sure that i'll put it in the buglist.

Personally i hate inaccuracies in weapons aswell, as with a pistol it seams to just miss a head on a 10 meter distance. But for being able to put inaccuracies in a topic of them really being wrong there is proof needed. (aka something that clearly shows what the spread is of weapons ingame) and reallife research results of the spread of the weapons.

Thats why i made the list of things that about everybody agrees on, without proof i cant add things to the list that just feel weird but could might as well be completely right. Recoil stuff would be nearly impossible, but finding out how accurate a weapon is at certain ranges how much the bullets drop etc, that you can find out. Will take alot of time. But i think thats the case with anyone if you really have ground standing proof of something like the spread of a weapon being incorrect then you can call it a bug of the game and place it in the bugs thread i think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1) Reinforcement scaling:

Definately a flaw. HIGH PRIOR

2) The tiebraker rule:

Not so visible on public play, but very annoing on clan matches. As a clanner HIGH PRIOR

3) The included teamready function:

Clearly a flaw. MEDIUM PRIOR

4) The resetgame feature:

Clearly a flaw. MEDIUM PRIOR

5) The weaponpickup system:

Very annoing indeed. HIGH PRIOR

6) The blackscreen mutator:

Also it seems that scoreboard view disables it completely. Clearly a flaw. MEDIUM PRIOR

7) Nearly unkillable people in halftracks (added june 26):

Agree. HIGH PRIOR

8) Voicecommands (added june 26):

Agree. LOW PRIOR

9) Double Doors (added june 26):

Very annoing. MEDIUM PRIOR

10) Players getting out of tanks (added june 26):

Agree. Small delay for exitting would be adequate solution for this. HIGH PRIOR

11) Tank track + engine volume when you're outside of a tank (added june 26):

Agree. Damn ninja tanks! It's odd that it hears like grenade pin is louder noise than tanks engine. MEDIUM PRIOR

Upvote 0
Points 1 to 4 aren't of very high priority to me because I am not in a clan, but I do understand the reasoning behind them and why clans would want them implemented.

To me, the highest priority points are 5 and 7: weapon pickup and half track. I also think that the sound issues should be fixed as well the speed of entering/exiting tanks (and switching positions for that matter).

Honestly, I don't think that the black screen and double door issue are pretty low priority compared to these other issues.

-Signed RedRaccoon

Upvote 0
I agree with all the stuff in there. The clan-stuff definately needs to be fixed (since I presume that clan-games are the reason they put it in there).

Proper scope of orders (local/team) would be great, but I think the problem is that the enemy is supposed to hear those commands as well. Am I missing something if I believe that the local channel is a local team channel?

Also, the tanks need to sound at least a little bit more than now. I can't remember the name of that really large city map, but it has killer tank engine sounds in there. A shame those are ambient sounds, because they made me crap my pants first time I heard it (as a german MG:er).

Upvote 0
What about the following crazy bugs:

- you hear people scream when they die across the whole map, BUT
- when a tank drives over you you might not even notice/hear it in time (WTF)
Yes. This bothers me very much.
To sum it up I guess my first two points are about a bad sound system.
The usage sounds in RO are a complete joke. (No offense to the sound engineer, he did a great job, shame his works aren't being used properly)
Actually, to be honest to me it seems sound effects are in as an extra, they don't really do much.

I don't know what the point is of having it, if it's as useless as it currently is.

What I notice is that nobody evens pays attention to the voicecommands, something which completely different to the mod days where everybody followed every single word of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Signed.

I can shed some light on this one though:

11) Tank track + engine volume when you're outside of a tank (added june 26) (maybe too trivial?):
The volume of tanks tracks + engine aint as high as it probably should be. (I'm not into tanks but can someone give some proof for and information for like exactly how much louder should it be). While inside a tank yourself you often cant hear anything but your own tank.

A dev said it would decrease network performance too much if the tanks sounded louder.
Louder engine sound = higher radius where the sound can be heard = more players need to receive the info (location, ...) of the tank = more network trafic = more lag. Don't know the specifics, but that's what it came down to.

Upvote 0