• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some features, and their gameplay problems not a feature request more like a fix.

Signed.

I can shed some light on this one though:

A dev said it would decrease network performance too much if the tanks sounded louder.
Louder engine sound = higher radius where the sound can be heard = more players need to receive the info (location, ...) of the tank = more network trafic = more lag. Don't know the specifics, but that's what it came down to.

wouldnt it be possible to make that client side?

Upvote 0
Very high priority:
10) Players getting out of tanks (added june 26)

High priority:
2) The tiebraker rule
5) The weaponpickup system
7) Nearly unkillable people in halftracks

Middle priority:
1) Reinforcement scaling
6) The blackscreen mutator
8) Voicecommands

Low priority:
3) The included teamready function
4) The resetgame feature
9) Double Doors (added june 26)

Unimportant:
11) Tank track + engine volume when you're outside of a tank (added june 26)

Upvote 0
I agree with every single point made in the first post, and would like to add the weapon switching nade/satchel bug as well:

Switch weapon while you are cooking a nade/satchel, play normally, change back to the nade/satchel whenever you want. It'll instantly throw the nade/satchel like the 'countdown' to explode was paused when you switched weapon and then unpaused when you selected your nade/satchel again.

This is exploited mostly in Arad public playing, where kamikasi sappers will 'prepare the exploit' then get in a half-track to drive towards some infantry and also take advantage of quickly teleporting out of the vehicle (listed as number 10) to instantly kill everybody in the way.

Upvote 0
This is exploited mostly in Arad public playing, where kamikasi sappers will 'prepare the exploit' then get in a half-track to drive towards some infantry and also take advantage of quickly teleporting out of the vehicle (listed as number 10) to instantly kill everybody in the way.
this is like some Mortal Combat Combo :D

Upvote 0
Unless it's an easy fix, I don't think the clan stuff should be taken care of before the more global issues. Not because I don't think clans are important to the game, but more because I think for the manhours you spend on 'em, you get more "bang for your buck" by addressing issues that affect both clan and public players alike (IE: getting out of vehicles, weapon pickup system, etc.). On the other hand, if the clan stuff is stuff that can be taken care of in an hour or so, hey, go for it.

Upvote 0
Well often problems mainly come forward for clanplayers because they are not as evident when you play with random people. But most things that will benefit clanplayers will benefit normal players or normal server admins.

Right, a lot of stuff does benefit the regular players, but some of the other things, like "teamready" and "reset game", would seem more oriented toward tournament play. The other stuff actually sounds pretty good. God knows I hate when you can't just close...the...freaking....door!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRGGHH!!! :)

Interestingly enough, you never hear the realism crowd complaining "In REAL life I can close BOTH doors at once!!" ;)

Anyway, it's a question of prioritization, I think, unless some of the fixes are quick. Then the devs can just be like a short order cook and get 'em out the door. "Teamready! Order up! >ding!<"

Upvote 0
- weapons don't shoot where you aim, specificly the semi sniper rifles are a joke for snipers

Weapons being inacurate is the biggest turnoff for a lot of people, but I'm afraid it won't be considered a bug (an evil feature it is then).

It's not a bug, the Semi-auto's barrel gets hot when you start hammering the trigger, so the accuracy and velocity are reduced, much like an LMG during sustained fire.

The mechanism used in the Semi-auto's isn't as precise as the bolt action rifles anyway, so the round is going to wander around a bit due to effects of using a shorter barrel.

That's why I'd rather use the Bolt, so the weapon has time to cool down between shots, and the round is going to get there the fastest and flattest without any need to lead a whole lot.

Upvote 0