• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So whats the next ideea for a red orchestra update?

You say 'remaining' as if RO2/RS didn't draw thousands of new people in. 'Remaining playerbase' or not, it's still the playerbase and they still don't prefer open CA maps, though I understand what you're saying about game design decisions.

Remaining, yes, but they could have kept the old player base too.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't see TWI doing any medium/big maps with more focus on tanks UNLESS they plan on some bigger expansion that we would pay for. At this point, any free content is just a plus and probably just to keep the players interested in the game and TWI.

Upvote 0
Everyone has a different idea of what a CA map is,to me it is any map where tank and infantry have to work together to win the map (for instance i don't include pavlov's or fallen fighters in this group as the tanks just seem added on).
Even in DH there was a big divide between tankers and people who preferred infantry based maps,the difference was that DH managed to make very good CA maps where both groups could play together.
Myshkova river,bridges,rakowice,red october factory and a couple of other's follow in these footsteps.
As a once avid DH tanker the lack of tanks in RO2 means I can't be bothered with full tank maps as they give me no satisfaction playing against the same tank and playing a game of pixel hunt the weak spot to take the enemy out with one shot.

As for more maps from TWI ,I think they shouldn't bother,although the map designs amazing the balance is terrible , I would much rather see the money spent on another map competition.
We already have some excellent custom maps out there and some up and coming mappers who need support from TWI(after KF2 release) and servers and of course the players.

As for an update I think they have squeezed all they can out of RO2 in its present form and would require an RS type expansion to keep things fresh.

Upvote 0
Remaining, yes, but they could have kept the old player base too.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't see TWI doing any medium/big maps with more focus on tanks UNLESS they plan on some bigger expansion that we would pay for. At this point, any free content is just a plus and probably just to keep the players interested in the game and TWI.

You keep saying things like 'they could have kept', making it sound like you think they're permanently gone. I very doubt that the old tank lovers from RO1/DH are unattainable, lost forever. If RO2 were to update with 3 new tanks per team, and 10 new CA/tank maps, 90% of tankers would return to check it out within a week!

Just because they were disappointed at some stage, doesn't mean the tank fanbase isn't still out there thinking fondly of their RO1/DH memories and wishing RO2 was a little better.

Many of them may not have even seen RO2s improvements over the years, and a relatively small update for tanks might cause them to take a look again - these fans are not lost, only sleeping, to be woken by something.

I also think that reaching out to these communities with events like tank fight-nights, utilizing great maps (ones that tankers might love, but never get to play) would help to galvanise old players and pump life into dead maps and communities.

SUPPORT TANKS :IS2: ARRANGE FIGHTNIGHTS :IS2: INTEGRATE MORE TANKERS FROM OTHER COMMUNITIES :IS2:

Upvote 0