• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should only the player with the fastest PC get SL, Mg, Sniper? NO - A Solution!

I think it's fairly ok as it is now, a lot of the suggestions I see require people to wait until all the aforementioned slower PCs load in, clogging up the game-time.

Personally, my computer is mid-quality, GTS 250 card quad-core 3.2 Ghz processor, but I still need around a minute to load in, so usually the sniper/commander/etc is gone. I often will just content myself with assault or semi-auto rifleman, and occasionally check the class load-outs as I play.

It's surprising the number of times I've just happened to open the class menu and found Marksmen open, or see an extra assault spot when I loaded in too slow.

Upvote 0
My computer is almost four years old, and after a new map loads, I am usually in the top 3 or 4 picking a weapon. I have to be in there fast to get my favorite weapons, the BOLT ACTION RIFLES!!! :p

It does happen though more often than you would think, that I enter a server in the middle of a round and often find assualt, marksmen and mg slots open, so for the most part, I think some players are making mountains out of molehills.

Upvote 0
turn down your settings. Its not my problem you don't have a nice computer, I'm not going to wait for you.

If you wanna run with the big dogs, dont bring a knife to a gunfight...

I'm not going to turn down texture settings and needlessly sacrifice aesthetics when the game runs with a playable 45-60 fps. And some people like to have texture quality as high as possible and tweak other dynamic settings to gain back the fps they need. Texture quality is a big factor in the overal look of the game and also a big factor in load times. Just because someone else's hardware is not overkilling the game is no reason for you feel entitled to first pick of the classes.

Seriously. Class selection should not be an epeen/hardware measuring contest (did you really say "If you wanna run with the big dogs"?? who actually SAYS that? "big dogs" lol...get over your aristocratic self). Maybe you should get a steam achievement with some in-game perks for being the first to load the maps because you're such a big dog (good boy! who's a good boy, yes! you're a good boy! Such a gooooood booyyyyyyy, you bought a nicer computer than someone else, you deserve a big bone!). If your machine can run the game fine at the level of settings you like to look at, you should have as fair a chance at all the classes as anyone else.

Period. I'm glad they have implemented battlefield promotions; it's a good idea, it just doesn't go far enough.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to turn down texture settings and needlessly sacrifice aesthetics when the game runs with a playable 45-60 fps. And some people like to have texture quality as high as possible and tweak other dynamic settings to gain back the fps they need. Texture quality is a big factor in the overal look of the game and also a big factor in load times. Just because someone else's hardware is not overkilling the game is no reason for you feel entitled to first pick of the classes.

Seriously. Class selection should not be an epeen/hardware measuring contest (did you really say "If you wanna run with the big dogs"?? who actually SAYS that? "big dogs" lol...get over your aristocratic self). Maybe you should get a steam achievement with some in-game perks for being the first to load the maps because you're such a big dog (good boy! who's a good boy, yes! you're a good boy! Such a gooooood booyyyyyyy, you bought a nicer computer than someone else, you deserve a big bone!). If your machine can run the game fine at the level of settings you like to look at, you should have as fair a chance at all the classes as anyone else.

Period. I'm glad they have implemented battlefield promotions; it's a good idea, it just doesn't go far enough.

lol except that I DO have my settings cranked, and I'm usually the 10th person in...

I don't care, but its not fair to make people wait for old slow hardware. Especially when hardware these days is getting dirt cheap.

I dont turn down my settings to load first. I'm tired of the whiners saying wait for me wait for me, I'll take my time if I damn well please, but I'm not going to make anyone else wait. And if people wanna turn down their gfx to load faster? thats not my problem, they can play the game looking like crap for it.

Upvote 0
While i can certainly feel sorry for anyone who has a slow computer (I've been there), who cant play with the weapon they want. But I gotta say, this is free-market capitalism. I spent the money on my computer and I like enjoying the perks. Call me an asshole, but its the truth. I know I'm not the only one who paid good money for a good rig, I'm usually second or third in-game. Lucky for all of your i almost never pick sniper.

Upvote 0
While i can certainly feel sorry for anyone who has a slow computer (I've been there), who cant play with the weapon they want. But I gotta say, this is free-market capitalism. I spent the money on my computer and I like enjoying the perks. Call me an asshole, but its the truth. I know I'm not the only one who paid good money for a good rig, I'm usually second or third in-game. Lucky for all of your i almost never pick sniper.

~edit~ However, I have known people who say they have no money for RAM, etc yet can easily go out to a bar and drop $20 or more several nights a week, or spend the money on other luxuries. Sooo, I only really have sympathy for those who truly can't spend the money on RAM etc as oppossed to those who just say that :p

Yeah, that is why I said this before and have sympathy only for those that are truly and honestly poor.

Upvote 0