• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Unresponsive in browser yet still online

due to the crash logs above i followed a very vague theory and disabled webadmin.
=> the server ran the whole day (busy with 32 people) without a crash.
I could imagine that a failing re-bind of the webadmin port could be the problem (see the various crashlogs). Beside the (for one day) stable server, i cant proof anything though

Upvote 0
I monitored our server all night and waited for the admin and the gamespy query ports to become unreachable.
The moment it happened I went into the games browser and refreshed all the servers not only did this take much longer to query the master server than it normally takes me but when the servers finally came up i counted nearly a hundred with the NA in the ping column.
This would suggest that it may not be our servers but something on the master server.
I would expect to have seen the odd dozen servers not responding at odd intervals but this happened on mass, simultaneously and effected a huge amount of servers.
I just hope that the fix is not too long in coming?

Upvote 0
Your correct Bystander which only deepens the mystery!
If the queryports are not going through the master server and neither is the admin port then why the hell does the ping NA appear at exactly the same time on the master server and why does it do it to a mass of servers simultaneously.
The whole thing can be very frustrating especially when you are trying to admin a server for whatever reason and the admin page is unavailable.
I can't fathom it out despite repeatededly checking the ports on our server which say they are open?
Has anyone checked the unreal forums to see if this server version does this in unreal?

Upvote 0
ButchCassidy said:
The whole thing can be very frustrating especially when you are trying to admin a server for whatever reason and the admin page is unavailable.

Learn the admin console commands, as I've done. At least you can deal with smacktards then by jumping into the server via the game.

ButchCassidy said:
Has anyone checked the unreal forums to see if this server version does this in unreal?

We've run Unreal servers for about two years, and the ONLY time this has happened to us is with the mod and retail versions of RO. Never happened a single time with regular UT or with Carball (another UT mod)

Upvote 0
Maybe there's a problem with the communication with the masters servers that make the server program hangs if it can't do it in a right way or time. It tries to do but not being able to connect, or keep waiting for a response, it just hangs, or refuses to answer on a petition to a port.

The port so would be opened, but server doesn't respond.

Maybe the devs can monitor the dialogue between master servers and the server program and catch the bug?

Upvote 0