• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Zombie soldier? :p
zombiesoldierco2.jpg

Upvote 0
"I arrived at the Special Forces camp at Nui Pek a few days ago. We got shot at by a Vietcong sniper during my first day, but he got taken care of and I quickly made myself at home.
Yesterday was my first 'real' assignment. We were ordered to move to a landing zone a bit into the jungle, and destroy VC ammo caches along the way."

vietcong1si7.jpg

"The jungle is dense and sweaty, and the gooks like to set up traps all over the place. Spikes, tripwires, improvised mines.... you name it, and they're using it.
Luckily we've got Nhut on our side. He's a Vietcong defector and knows how to travel through the jungle in the safest manner. He has a funny accent but saved our asses on more than one occasion."

vietcong2ll3.jpg

vietcong3pp1.jpg

"Upstream we came under fire from the VC. Bastards! After a brief firefight we managed to kill them all, but danger lurks everywhere.
If there's one thing that ever makes me paranoid, it's this damn jungle. Gooks can be everywhere and I find myself checking every bush and tree for enemies.

Later on we found our way to a Vietnamese village. We supplied the villagers with food and water until the Vietcong launched an attack on the village.
A few civilians got killed in the process but we managed to repel the attack. And things are just getting started."

vietcong4ia3.jpg

I am surprised at how good this game is. I have played the demo YEARS ago, but haven't played the full game until yesterday.
Wow, talk about greatness. It's not just a good Vietnam game, it's probably the best. And it still looks good, even today!

Upvote 0
I am surprised at how good this game is. I have played the demo YEARS ago, but haven't played the full game until yesterday.
Wow, talk about greatness. It's not just a good Vietnam game, it's probably the best. And it still looks good, even today!
Welcome to the club Nimsky, another brother just saw the light. Amen!

Upvote 0
Nimsky that shot of going up the stream brings back so many old memories, just like in the pictures I **always** had liberated an SKS at that point of the mission as well, it was so badass. Just down stream you can use it to seriously lay the smack on some victor charlie hiding behind the rocks.

Vietcong had a truly great single player, it just suffered from a poor engine (I remember having a PC twice the rec specs and it would never run smoothly). Also down here it suffered from a bunch of arseholes running around with tape on their monitors hip shooting you from miles away in 'Vietnam' mode servers :mad:

Upvote 0
VC2 was abysmal, it also managed to look virtually no better than VC1 yet demand higher specs and still not run well when you were well above them. I only ever played it because I got it for a gift, I remember that when a grenade went off the game basically stopped as the engine handled the physics.

The slouch hat was good though but the SLR was kind of half arsed in the fact that it was select fire (and therefore not a true SLR). Picky I know but meh, shoot me!

Upvote 0
"Hey, anyone remember Wanted! that came with the big original half-life pack?"

I'd love to play some Wanted! MP (I played it a bit with friends of mine years ago). It's also got an awesome singleplayer part.

Another fine Half-Life mod is Surprise! It's actually just a weapons+jetpack mod, but the Half-Life Bounce MP map with Surprise! stuff is very entertaining.

edit: Looks like I still have Wanted! installed:
4kxols3.jpg

4pf0n5d.jpg

I can't play because I get a client.dll error (we had trouble with the same error back when we played it years ago).

Last edited:
Upvote 0