• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Some Skyrim shots:

87253987.jpg

47508840.jpg

44525607.jpg

86499337.jpg

Upvote 0
Another reprehensible job well done...:p
gAB0V.jpg

Here's my Skyrim album at imgur. Plenty of nice, scenic screenshots. No spoilers other than showing off set-pieces, of course, before they can wow you ingame...:)

@Flogger: I guess you could pick apart screenshots and find the occasional low-res texture here and there, and maybe the DistantLand looks a little empty at times, but the art as a whole more than makes up for any technical short comings there might be, and if you're playing the game and you have in front of you, in motion, and it's just showering you with scene after scene that's no less than wallpaper material...
Calling it "really dated" is right behind "I'd love to lick a tire right now" on your list of stuff to think.:p

I mean, come on:
zix5L.jpg

Upvote 0
I think what they did very well in Skyrim is what they call macro detail, in addition to micro detail, which has always been great in Elderscrolls games. I.e. how a scene as a whole looks. Not just a single, great looking house with boring generic landscape around it, or a great looking tree that's still just a tree. Not a certain type of tree that makes you think of a certain climate. Just how everything comes together.
That was lacking in Morrowind (didn't need it due to short draw distances) and Oblivion.

So when you play Skyrim you're completely immersed in the world and you come around a corner and see this:
N2wbz.jpg

And you're amazed at how cool this is, just as if you walked around in the actual wilderness and found something like this.
Or fun little details like this: Couple of hunters enjoying themselves in hot springs!
bYaYy.jpg

You don't stop to think "omg, those textures are blurry!"

I guess a huge part of the appeal is lost if you don't actually play it and the game didn't have a chance to rope you in but you're just critically examining screenshots.

Upvote 0