• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scoped ptrd

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Hey peeps

I really doubt anyone is going to make this & Im tired of waiting! Scopes were attached to tonnes of these AT rifles & I think it would be quite realistic (and fun!!!) to have this in-game!

Where can I get a simple tutorial that will help me ie step-by-step instructions, to get one made to be used in a custom map?

All help appreciated!!

As an off-topic. Tonns, you say? Then could you please post some photos of them or at least sources, that give numbers of scoped AT rifles? I heard soviets tried to make such modifications, but were unsatisfied by the results.
But I agree, it will be fun to use, even if it's not very realistic :)

To be fair Im struggling to find any good sources, but I now the Russians did experiment. To me it does make alot of sense to have a scoped version, especially when trying to be more accurate against the heavies!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I exaggerated. They were used, but I cant really imagine why they were so ineffective? :confused:

I'm speculating here, but my guess would be loss of Zero, the PTRD generates a ton of recoil, much more than the 7.62 caliber weapons the Russian scopes where made for, it is very likely that they would loose their Zero when mounted on a gun that produces so much more recoil than what the scope was intended for, and if true, they would only work for one shot, after that, they would nolonger be aiming correctly.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The s.Pzb 41 had a ZF 1x11 and in other variants a specially configured ZF 3 x 8, whose reticle looks completely different than the standard Pak or Flak 3x8 configuration. It was also carried in the Sdkfz 250/11.

but I'm guessing this wheel-mounted weapon won't meet your needs for a smaller hand-carried pzb 39 - which I'm pretty certain wasn't outfitted with a telescope, at least what I've gleaned so far.

Excellent article: www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/may03.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finnish snipers used LAHTI 20mm's to counter snipe the soviet counter snipers (what?). They would set up a dummy sniper dressed as an officer who is trying to cover him self, the soviet sniper couldnt resist and would take the shot, in turn the finnish counter snipers spotted where the shot came from and would either fire phosperous rounds into the area from the LAHTI or actually shoot the sniper, with 20mm :D.

Upvote 0
Finnish snipers used LAHTI 20mm's to counter snipe the soviet counter snipers (what?). They would set up a dummy sniper dressed as an officer who is trying to cover him self, the soviet sniper couldnt resist and would take the shot, in turn the finnish counter snipers spotted where the shot came from and would either fire phosperous rounds into the area from the LAHTI or actually shoot the sniper, with 20mm :D.

I wonder if that was very common? That L-39 was so big, heavy and cumbersome, that it must have been really hard to use it as sniper weapon.

Upvote 0