• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound russian voice commands

Stierlitz

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2006
LA
will someone finally get some REAL ww2 sovier (or german - i heard lots of complaints about german voice commands from german speakers) VETERANS to make some voice commands ? that would be nice to hear some mature voices that went through shelling and death of close comrades, insteed of some russian idiotiotic voice command screaming "В БАЙБРУЙСК ЖИВОТНЫЕ" or some other idiotic crap that makes game totally unrealistic and boring.
please
p.s
to RO dev sound viking - please dont get offended - most of the players dont even understand both russian or german but, how russian says -
SOMETHING FOREIGHNER WILL NEVER NOTICE - RUSSIAN WILL NEVER FORGET.

Xancerman said:
the right accent? so people from the southern parts (bravaria) of germany arent germans?

on the soviet voice commands, we are aware of the errors, and are looking into re-recording the phrases that are wrong.

hi xancerman.

while your at it, could you record all the voice commands again but with more intensity to them and then get the coders to implement a sub-system in the engine where when the bullets start flying and bombs go off around you, you use the more intense version rather than the normal ones.

Upvote 0
its atleast a days work to arrange, write and re-record the voices, and then comes the editing that takes atleast as long, double that if we are going to have more intense versions.. adding code to support that easily adds two days, if not more. and on top of all, all the voice commands zip zaboom the voice commands now takes up two times the ram what it used to.

it takes way way waaaaaay more time than what you would expect.

we are first off looking into fixing whats wrong.

Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
Yeah is it me or does the Russian in the voice commands sound a little hammered? :eek: :p
after 4 hours of recording. maybe... At any rate, as Andreas said - there is a need to fix some commands (even more of em than you might think) and we made sure it's all right this time, actor(s) will try his best as well. So be patient please.

Upvote 0
Xancerman said:
the right accent? so people from the southern parts (bravaria) of germany arent germans?

sorry m8 i was just repeating what some other people were saying, i have no knowledge of how the different accents sound too germans - i stand corrected :)

I think the v-msnu voices are great, much better and more realistic too me than the likes of cod or bf2

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
sorry m8 i was just repeating what some other people were saying, i have no knowledge of how the different accents sound too germans - i stand corrected :)

I think the v-msnu voices are great, much better and more realistic too me than the likes of cod or bf2
yet german commands in dods are soo nice, the only thing I like in that game, but thats just me.

Upvote 0
The Russian stuff to me sounds pretty harsh - the kind of stuff a soldier might use in battle but the kind of stuff that, if you put it in English would prolly get the game banned from a lot of stores.

Not so much cos the words translate directly into very very strong English swearing but the meaning/intent is usually a lot harsher in Russian.

Having said that, "Govorit' bez mata - kak shchi bez tomata" or 'Speaking without swearing is like soup without tomato'

Damn right :D

Mebbe just tone it down a bit - my Mrs gets offended if I have it over the speakers.

Upvote 0