• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Didn't Yoshiro say that facial anims were cut out as they as for too much performance? Geez, how about making them optional for those who have the machine to support them?

Generally RO2 soldiers do not feel very alive.
There are so many things you could do apart from facial animations, how about visible breath in winter maps? Even CoD 2 featured this back in 2005, that was almost 10 years ago.

When I first say tank driving with full body in 1st person, I believed that Full Body Awareness was also for infantry. How humiliating that other games feature it and my favourite WWII FPS does not.

Indeed this trailer makes you dream of a different RO.

Upvote 0
Yes, just a training mission to learn the game:
- how to move
- how to shoot
- how to use abilities

Just to learn you controls and some game features.

Even a good Singleplayer could be played just one time before it becomes boring. Even with very good scripted AI behavior.

But AI will be AI.. so not really funny. Bots are too stupid (movement e.g.) or to hardcore (aimbot/headshots e.g.)

It would be much better to focus MP only and don

Upvote 0
I think any possible RO3 should abandon WW2 completely and break new ground in some other, unrepresented conflict. A fictitious Cold War Era conflict, Korean War or Six Day War would be good places to start.

In addition, I would hope that RO3 not be released until it's actually ready for prime-time.
There was already a vote for this.
Soviet AFghan war was one of the options, I voted for that

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, you need to base the game on a conflict that would sell and have enough mass appeal. If you don't, you had better make the game so perfect that you draw in new players that would not otherwise be interested in that particular war.

Despite some issues with...( ) I think that TWI does WW2 rather well. I would be interested in a WW2 RO3 if TWI decides to do one. Even then I do not plan on pre-purchasing their next game, I was a HUGE fan of ROOST as many others were and like them I pre-purchased RO2 but was disappointed in the many "mainstream" changes that TWI made with it. I only kept playing it because it was still decent despite those changes AND there really wasn't anything else out there halfway good and WW2 at the same time. I still say that if TWI skipped all those frilly additions (leveling etc) and concentrated those resources instead on perfecting the release with a bit more content/optimization, they would not have lost so many ROOST fans and would have more players/fans today. Now, some of you might not like what I just said, but its honest feedback.

Now, WW2 is a major conflict that many people still like playing in games, and for a smaller publisher its a safer bet than some of the small conflicts. You'd most likely loose a lot of the fanbase moving on to something else so that is something they will be thinking about.

Upvote 0