• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] RO2/RS FPS Degrading Issue

Bwamo

Feb 1, 2016
Previously, I used to run RO2/RS at 50-60 fps no problem, but now it seems after a few minutes of playing, my game's FPS will lower to around 20-30...

I did more research into and found out that having the game alt-tabbed/tabbed out seems to make it run faster, and tabbing back it put's it back to it's original 20-30 FPS state.

Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTX 765m 2GB VRAM
CPU: Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40 GHz
RAM: 16 GB

You sure it isnt overheating? (dust free, graphics card fan runs well?). Another thought, try a system rollback, if this change accurred after a recent system update or other event.
It isn't overheating...

Like I said, I noticed something quite odd with the game while it's alt-tabbed/windowed.
If I don't have the window selected, the game itself runs at 62 fps, but as soon as I tab back in, the fps goes back to 15-20.

I've changed my settings both in the Nvidia Control Panel and in-game many times, yet I've found no solution.

Upvote 0
It does not answer my question. You seem to have lost track of the main topic here.
After running the game for a short-while, I get the same effect as if the "device was lost" or if I alt-tabbed out of the game.

When I do alt-tab out of the game(or clicking out of the window) after the lag takes effect, the FPS seems to return to the standard 62 FPS. Tabbing back in(or selecting the window again) causes the FPS to stay at around 20-30 FPS.

Upvote 0